Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I think it's going to be warm here Christmas Day... so I will ride!

To disable ads, please log-in.

We have this 22 mile path that goes around a lake. If it's going to be 70F... like they predicting... I will go ride my bike and feed the ducks on Christmas day.

I am really looking forward to it!

Then, when my boyfriend gets off work at 4:00... we will celebrate.

Anyone else looking forward to riding on Christmas?

ice storm here today... about a half inch or so predicted. I'll be skiing on xmas.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

The ice/snow is almost melted (a few icy patches remain on my favorite trail), so I've been able to ride outside again! Luckily, no more snow/ice predicted for now, so I definitely will be doing some long rides Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! For fuel, I've got a couple boxes of my favorite chocolates--ordered from some excellent "hometown" Pittsburgh candy stores (a family tradition). Best of all, my NEW LUNA should be here on Thursday

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I'm hoping to get in an 80-miler Christmas Eve. Should be about 40 at the start, and 65 if I'm lucky at the end. Hopefully something on Christmas Day too!

Nanci

I'll be in Florida visiting my folks so no bike, but I'm going to take a WALK!!! A walk where I can swing my arms and take long strides...as opposed to the hunched shuffling against the cold and ice I've been doing for the last month here.

Electra Townie 7D

Well, I'm hoping to have my new Gunnar Roadie completed by then & will hopefully be out there as well! I just got shiny new silver Diadora bike shoes, so can't wait!!

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    The high here is supposed to be 42, which is much warmer than it has been! So we will probably go out mountain biking on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake either Christmas day or Monday (hubby has Monday off). We may go skate skiing one of the days too, since the masses seem to prefer downhill skiing to nordic skiing.

I grew up on the central coast of CA and we always spent Christmas at the beach. It was usually sunny and about 60 F. But a 70 F Christmas... where are you KSH? Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by mickchick
    The ice/snow is almost melted (a few icy patches remain on my favorite trail), so I've been able to ride outside again! Luckily, no more snow/ice predicted for now, so I definitely will be doing some long rides Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! For fuel, I've got a couple boxes of my favorite chocolates--ordered from some excellent "hometown" Pittsburgh candy stores (a family tradition). Best of all, my NEW LUNA should be here on Thursday
    Photos please when you get a chance. I love the look of the Luna bikes.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

We've got a gazillion places to go on Christmas DAY, but the weather is supposed to be in the 40's and 50's [compared to the past two days starting at 4F with -7 windchills]. The only bad thing is they are talking about the possibility of mixed precip with the warmer temps. If I can get out at all Saturday, I'm gonna ride till my legs fall off.
    Don't think of it as getting hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches

mid 70s, four days off ... heck yeah I'm gonna ride!

We have ice and snow everywhere, but it's supposed to get into the 40's by the end of the week. I only need 18 more miles to get in my 3000 miles this year--so I'm hoping to get out. I guess I could always go to gymn to finish out my 3000 miles, but it's just not the same!!! Send me a schnook!

oh lordy will I be riding... going to visit my brother, who has turned into a cycling monster! LOL... doing a century on Xmas Eve... just he and I... will stop in Santa Barbara for lunch... should be fun!

Then probably 40-50 Xmas Day after gifts are opened and the family is in sugar coma from all the chocolate in their stockings

THEN my bro said... Hey we can get maybe 50 miles in before you drive home Monday too...

dang, I'm tired already!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Snow is forecast, but only for the Mountain.
    It will however give bite to the air in the Jordan Valley and hopefully I will be using words like clear,crisp ,brisk and sharp.

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!