Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	14173 Here is my lovely 42 LHT. I took her across NY last summer and debating doing it again this summer. With the Brooks saddle it is the most comfortable bike I have. The stock saddle sucked but other than that I haven't changed a thing. I did have to gerry rig the fenders on with parts from Home Depot so they weren't a few inches from the tires. I would like a lighter rack for the back and new computer. Otherwise, she's perfect just the way she is.
    Last edited by Savra; 02-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Savra

2006 Specialized Dolce Elite/Specialized Stock Saddle
    2011 Surly LHT/Brooks S Flyer

Here's Knott's Surly Crosscheck with my Motobecane freewheel mixte.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	326012_10150576398489133_854544132_8621041_1445306628_o.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	14175  
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I want to share a pic of my sweet blue loaded LHT, but not sure how to insert the pic here on TE. Help anyone?

SR

Click post a reply then on the little black paper clip looking thing above where you type. Then you can click browse and upload a pic
    2005? Storck Senario cd 1.0 with SRAM Force, Specialized Romin Comp Gel 155 saddle
    1998 Lemond Tourmalet
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

Quote Originally Posted by SallyRides View Post
    I want to share a pic of my sweet blue loaded LHT, but not sure how to insert the pic here on TE. Help anyone?

SR
    On your initial post or in edit mode under the edit screen is the additional options box. Underneath the blue text that says "manage files" is the "manage attachments" button, click that.

The manage attachments box should pop up. You should then be zen, unattached.

Oh wait, computer directions.

Click on "chose file" and find the file on your pc.

Click on "upload" on the right. ..... uploading file ... please wait, operators are standing by, we value your call

Close the window and voala. Wait, this is not a Surly

Name:	untitled-13.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	14180  
    Last edited by Trek420; 02-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Voila! This is Surly Jack. Brooks saddle, frog pedals, and my awesome and coveted Acorn handlebar bag. Love.

Name:	surly.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	14195  

Bluegirl - is that the medium sized Handlebar bag or the Boxy Rando Bag Handlebar bag??? I was looking at attempting to get the Handlebar bag. On your bike it looks pretty big. I feel like Goldilox and the three bears. I'm looking for "just the right" size bag - not to big, not too small - just right.
    Savra

2006 Specialized Dolce Elite/Specialized Stock Saddle
    2011 Surly LHT/Brooks S Flyer

I have the blue 46. I adore it. I ride it all the time. I can't live without it, and might as well sell everything in the garage. Did stick some 25' Gatorskins on it. It rides fast. I will never sell it.
    Lookit, grasshopper....

Well, I've gone and done it... I've bought a second Surly.

Just arrived Monday and build isn't 100% complete yet but here's where we've got to so far. (I'll figure out how to insert a proper thumbnail image in this post later.)

This will be my audax/randonneur bike and will be my partner for my club's tour in June from London to John O'Groats. The training is underway. We have two 60+ mile rides this week. It's all good.
    Last edited by Rebecca19804; 03-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

My new baby. I am so in love.

P.S. Oh and after 12 years of quite contented singledom, I have a wonderful new boyfriend.... who also cycles.... so when I say "in love" here, it's relatively speaking.

Name:	Me with Pacer on Amersham ride 2012.04.14.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	14374  
    Rebecca

Riley - custom 2014 Enigma Etape
    Bridget - 2010 Surly Cross Check
    Lorelei - 1979 Puch Princess mixte
    Astrid - 2014 Viking Bromley singlespeed mixte
    Lucy - bespoke 2012 Brompton S1L

Visit my blog: velovoice.blogspot.co.uk

Rebecca,

I love your Surly Pacer! So beautiful! Congratulations on all counts!!!

- Elaine
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

hmm, I tried a LHT in 42 the other day and it did not feel as great as my trek 520. I just felt so sluggish. I only went for a short ride and I could tell that the bike had not been properly tweaked. Does anyone else feel this way after her first ride? Can anyone pipe in if it is a difference in geometry I am not used to, heavier stock components than mine, or just a bike that is not tuned up properly?
    I really wanted to like it but it just didn't feel right. I'm just hoping my first impressions are wrong. I am not trying to bash it, so sorry!
    Thanks TE! You pushed me half way over!
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/seagull08/tnguyen

Madscott13, isn't it funny how sometimes a bike others love just isn't for you. Not sure why it felt sluggish, could have been the set up but a trek520 is also a sweet bike!
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    hmm, I tried a LHT in 42 the other day and it did not feel as great as my trek 520. I just felt so sluggish. I only went for a short ride and I could tell that the bike had not been properly tweaked. Does anyone else feel this way after her first ride? Can anyone pipe in if it is a difference in geometry I am not used to, heavier stock components than mine, or just a bike that is not tuned up properly?
    I really wanted to like it but it just didn't feel right. I'm just hoping my first impressions are wrong. I am not trying to bash it, so sorry!
    I am one of the rare people who own both a Trek 520 and a Surly LHT. The 520 is more nimble and the tubing is definitely smaller diameter equaling lighter weight.

The LHT is stouter tubed but transfers less vibration to my hands and with fat tires is the cushest coolest ride on the road! I can go quite fast on my Surly. I had a guy honk at me in traffic one day (I thought he was going to be rude) he was smiling and yelled, "You're going over 30 miles per hour!" as he excitedly waved. (Disclaimer: this was on a small down-hill descent and I kept spinning into the flat and had gained great momentum. My average speed is not anywhere near that. Trust me, slow turtle.)

The bike itself doesn't make you fast or slow in my opinion. Being a better or worse cyclist does. I need more cardio, because all the skinny road-racing girls could kick my butt with their endurance, even on LHTs. But on windy days, nothing is tugging that LHT out of my hands or sweeping me over. Also, during the winter -- there is no better commuter.

I love the LHT. There is a transition when moving from one to the other. The gearing isn't the same and one feels weird after I've consistently ridden the other.

(Random statement: I'm sort of hankerin' to get a Cross-Check and turn it into a single speed.) Point being if you're not used to something, it will feel weird.
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	14452Here is mine. Built up from parts and I think it turned out real nice. It has matching tires now and I'm slowly adding things to get it ready for touring.
    Last edited by Hartmame; 05-09-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: adding text