Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Posture

Posture

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have damaged myself...again. I keep having issues with my neck and upper back. I sometimes get a crick in my neck for no reason. Last year I got a really bad pain after I started working out at the gym on the machines. That put a stop to that in a hurry. This week I got another really bad pain because we got a new computer game (MineCraft).

I think the problem is primarily posture. Whenever I find something new I like to research it thoroughly and learn everything about it I can. But the problem with "posture" is that there is far too much information and I don't know how reliable any of it is.

So, suggestions? Comments? Recommendations?
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

When I have issues, I am off to my favorite chiropractor/acupuncturist. She knows me and my specific physical issues and is the best at helping with alignment, posture and corrective actions specific to me.

For instance, I have to violate the standard posture for computer monitors because I have a 24", large and I wear progressives. In the standard position, I would totally kink out my neck, a bad thing. I also use a wireless mouse in front of the keyboard so I do not put stress on my right shoulder, as I would if I used the mouse to the right of the keyboard.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

Computer set up, and how you sit, is the first thing always to check. The standard desk height is horrible for mouse use and typing.

I went through the OSHA set up procedure for my work station. I have my mouse and keyboard at 26" instead of the standard 30" height.

Pillow and mattress can be the culprits, too.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM