Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Question Total Immersion Workshop

I just saw that T.I. will be doing a one day workshop in Phoenix next weekend, June 10. Has anybody actually taken a TI workshop? If so, was it good?

My swimming is very bad. I've read the T.I. book and watched the u-tube videos but I really need some face-to-face instruction because I tend to be clueless in the water. I've wanted to do a T.I. workshop for a long time & think this is my chance because they don't come to AZ often. BUT, I don't want to plunk down $300 & drive 1.5 hours, each way, to Phoenix in 100+ weather unless it's worth it.

My body is telling me that I'll need to transition into more gentle & mindful exercise, e.g., pilates, yoga and swimming. But right now, I really am not crazy about getting into the pool & practicing not drowning, rather than actual swimming.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I am a poor swimmer; I used to describe my swimming efficiency "as turbulent as a jacuzzi." I did a 2 workshop in Atlanta in January. My DH and I went to Jamaica in March. Tried out my wetsuit and made him take pictures above water and below. I noticed quite the improvement. I'm still not fast, but there definitely is less turbulence. Now I need to work on fast. In a nutshell, it helped me. I am from a non-swimming background, the only lessons I had were ..oh.....about...46 years ago....1 year of lessons, thats it. I guess I had no where to go but "less turbulent."

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD