Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Nice photos! I even saw a folding bike and a couple of recumbent trikes in there!

I saw spingineer in a bunch of those photos. I'm subscribed to his YouTube channel and I read his blog. Judging by his ride videos, I might be able to keep up with him on a climb. No guarantees though.

I've read a lot of posts from bikingshearer, Beaker, Lanceoldstrong, c0lnago, MarkoPolo, cccorlew, UmneyDurak, Ygduf, uspspro, VNA, and bigbossman. I'm not sure why I never saw Bostic's posts. Either that, or I saw one so long ago that I forgot about it. I've been a member of BF since July 2006, but most of those years I didn't even log in or read much, let alone post. It wasn't until last May when I started the climbing rides again and started losing weight that I became a regular reader and poster on BF.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2climb View Post
    I saw spingineer in a bunch of those photos. I'm subscribed to his YouTube channel and I read his blog. Judging by his ride videos, I might be able to keep up with him on a climb. No guarantees though.
    A couple of years ago, possibly. Since then he's gotten quite fit and goes on pretty epic rides (he's a facebook friend and he posts a lot of his rides there). But he's another of the many excellent gentlement in the NorCal bunch, and great fun to be with. I seriously doubt he'd be pissed off about having to wait a bit -- heck, he's waited plenty of times for me.

For what it's worth, that was a big part of what raised my hackles at your earlier posts, the intimation that most men who post in cycling forums forums engage in "bragging and outright lying" (your words).

I'm really glad you recognize that the people -- men and women -- who post in the NorCal forum don't subscribe to that sort of foolishness (well, rarely ). It's a good place, with good people. I hope you get a chance to meet more of them.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by luv2climb View Post
    Nice photos! I even saw a folding bike and a couple of recumbent trikes in there!

I've read a lot of posts from bikingshearer, Beaker, Lanceoldstrong, c0lnago, MarkoPolo, cccorlew, UmneyDurak, Ygduf, uspspro, VNA, and bigbossman. I'm not sure why I never saw Bostic's posts. Either that, or I saw one so long ago that I forgot about it. I've been a member of BF since July 2006, but most of those years I didn't even log in or read much, let alone post. It wasn't until last May when I started the climbing rides again and started losing weight that I became a regular reader and poster on BF.
    If you ever get a chance to ride with any of the NorCal group, do it... They are a great group of cyclists and, thankfully for me, very patient. Particularly Ron (Spingineer) who is a fabulous riding partner! I look forward to getting enough time in the saddle to be able to do some riding with them sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    If you can, you should join in on the Christmas Eve Diablo ride.
    Are you going, V?

All this reminiscing has me thinking about it. Heck, someone has to bring up the rear and make everyone else look good!

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Are you going, V?

All this reminiscing has me thinking about it. Heck, someone has to bring up the rear and make everyone else look good!
    But I won't be there Jobob

Well then, looks like I'll just have the turkey buzzards to keep me company.

A couple of years ago, possibly. Since then he's gotten quite fit and goes on pretty epic rides (he's a facebook friend and he posts a lot of his rides there). But he's another of the many excellent gentlement in the NorCal bunch, and great fun to be with. I seriously doubt he'd be pissed off about having to wait a bit -- heck, he's waited plenty of times for me.

For what it's worth, that was a big part of what raised my hackles at your earlier posts, the intimation that most men who post in cycling forums forums engage in "bragging and outright lying" (your words).

I'm really glad you recognize that the people -- men and women -- who post in the NorCal forum don't subscribe to that sort of foolishness (well, rarely ). It's a good place, with good people. I hope you get a chance to meet more of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    If you ever get a chance to ride with any of the NorCal group, do it... They are a great group of cyclists and, thankfully for me, very patient. Particularly Ron (Spingineer) who is a fabulous riding partner! I look forward to getting enough time in the saddle to be able to do some riding with them sometime soon!
    I think you misunderstood my earlier posts slightly. I said many men, not most men. Yes, I'm very grateful that the NorCal section isn't like some of the other subforums, or some other entirely different forums that are even worse, with grown men in their 50s and 60s acting like teenagers.

I would love to ride with spingineer, especially since he left a comment on one of my mountain climbing ride videos mentioning how he would like to do some of the climbs I do in my videos. I replied telling him to let me know if he ever came up this way, and I would show him the best sufferfests we have to offer!

You should drive over to the bay area! Don't wait for them to go east... Totally with it!

I should have told spingineer that I was heading to San Francisco to do those climbs. Turns out he was off that day, so maybe he would've ridden them with me.

Well then, looks like I'll just have the turkey buzzards to keep me company.
    HA! So not true!!!!

Are you going, V?

Probably not, Saturday is usually Thom's day with the trainer and my run day.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com