Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Went out today and completed a 12 miles ride...woohoo ... I loved it!

Another one strikes!

Yo Dude - although some folks here ride motorcycles, most of us power our own bikes. In case you're confused: that's BICYCLES.

Guilianna - we're delighted to hear you had a great ride!
    Last edited by bmccasland; 11-16-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Another one strikes!

Yo Dude - although some folks here ride motorcycles, most of us power our own bikes. In case you're confused: that's BICYCLES.

LMAO @ "In case you're confused: that's BICYCLES."

On a more serious note: nice bike, Giulianna! I love retro looking road bikes, there's just something about them..

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Another one strikes!

LMAO.... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerkippie View Post
    LMAO @ "In case you're confused: that's BICYCLES."

On a more serious note: nice bike, Giulianna! I love retro looking road bikes, there's just something about them..

Thank you!...

Its been a while since I posted here to update on the bike that got me hooked and serve me as my commuter. Here she is now looking like a Real Commuter. I got me for Xmas a set of fenders and a rack. After asking the LBS the price for the labor for installing them I started looking at some videos on how to do it. I couldnt believe they wanted $40 ...WTF!! ...... I have so many bikes now that I cannot afford taking each one to the LBS for every little thing that I can maybe do myself. So after watching the videos I decided to give it a try and I was able to do the job and I am really proud of myself. It took me a minute but I did it. I have learned a lot lately about changing parts and have saved a lot of money. I have installed a new water bottle cage as well to the frame and a wired cateye Velo computer to track my miles when I start commuting again.
    I also made some upgrades to my MT bike that I will be posting where it belongs.

So here she is with Longboard SKS fenders , a small and simple universal rack , water bottle cage, a new tail light and a bell . I just can't wait to start commuting to work again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyCommuterBike2.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	15924

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

Great job on the fender install. Longboard sks fenders are awesome, love the coverage. IMO the hardest fenders to install are the Tanaka metal ones, they too are a great fender just a challenge to mount the first time around.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Your bike looks great. I would love to have one like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Great job on the fender install. Longboard sks fenders are awesome, love the coverage. IMO the hardest fenders to install are the Tanaka metal ones, they too are a great fender just a challenge to mount the first time around.
    Thank You Sky....I was affraid at first, but after a couple of broken nails I was able to do it, and now I feel more comfortable working on all my bikes but the newer 2013 Giant roadie. I really like how my Schwinn looks now...+ she deserves some pampering.

I changed some parts on my Mountain bike as well but I haven't had a chance to post some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by PamNY View Post
    Your bike looks great. I would love to have one like that.
    Thank You Pam....I really love this bike I don't know why?..maybe because I had one similar to this one many years ago when I was a bout 12 or 13 but that one was gold.
    Last edited by Giulianna23; 01-25-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"