Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Stay safe out there! Looks like the weather is going to be great (although a bit hot), but a nice tailwind the whole way if the forecast holds true!

The promos for this are awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b1C3...%20Fundraising
    Why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!
    -Mark Twain

Top 10 signs you did the MS150

Hope everyone did well ... thought everyone who rode would appreciate this ...

Top Ten signs you did the MS 150

10. Your legs hurt.
    9. You learn that the connection between rocky road and spare tires is not just about excessive ice cream consumption.
    8. You start liking small town cops.
    7. You've actually heard of Beeville, Fayetteville and Industry.
    6. You know that sweaty people in tight clothes are at places other than night clubs.
    5. You realize that the effects of gravity, being over the hill, and sagging are not always bad things.
    4. You yell "ON YOUR LEFT!!" at the produce aisle in the grocery store.
    3. Your family members ask you why you haven't been flushing the toilet lately.
    2. You think motorcycle dudes are pansies.
    1. Two words: Tan Lines.

Hehe! That's a pretty good list!

I hope that everyone had a fun and *safe* ride this weekend. Mine was a blast . Even better, as I was unloading my bike in the parking lot of my apt complex last night, one of my neighbors (who was out walking her dog) approached me and asked if I had ridden the MS 150 this weekend. When I told her that I had, she said, "Thank you so much! I have MS and I can't tell you how much it means to me that you did this!"

It was the perfect ending to a great weekend. I felt like such a hero.

TXRider- did ya get lost? Beeville? That would be a wrong turn putting you near Corpus! Definitely a good Top 10 list.

Emily- What a great way to end the weekend!

Did ya'll happen to see the man in the long pants unitards? On day one is was snake print. Day two is was tiger striped. Definitely one of the oddest outfits I have seen.

Did you guys go through the park? I got there earlier this year and it was much safer! What a blast.

Wow OMG that was sooo much fun! That list is perfect!!

11) your left (or both) hands hurt from shifting too much on those hills!

Crossed the finish line for my first MS-150 on my birthday. Great B-day present, right along with the ziplock bag of advil.

Grats everyone!

BTW anyone else see the unicyclists out there.

Congrats on finishing your first MS150. Was it not the most amazing experience?

Unicycle? Goodness, I didn't see that.

My top amusing things I saw:

1. The unitards take the cake.
    2. A guy with a hole right in the crack of his shorts. It was about the size of a nickel and you just couldn't take your eyes off it! I kept wondering if it would rip!
    3. A cyclist with a curly fro wig (or maybe if was Howard Stern) over his helmet.
    4. The guy blowing past everyone in his Discovery Channel time trial suit, TT helmet and Discovery Channel Trek. Everyone went "Did we just get passed by Lance?"
    5. The guy with the Arkansas Razorback covering his helmet. How hot must that have been?

Yeah, I noticed that Beeville should have probably been Bellville but I just did a copy & paste. Or, someone was making a reference to the Bike to the Beach MS150 where the overnight is in Beeville ... not sure which!

I also saw two unicyclists this year & a couple of rollerbladers. The thing that took the cake though were the guys pulling their dogs in trailers! This one guy was pulling what had to be a 80 pound (or more) German Sheppard behind him (& passing me at one point ). Another guy was pulling what looked to be a lab or lab mix. Anyway, both large dogs - I can't imagine towing them up the hills!

There was an article in the Houston Chronicle last week highlighting the oldest & youngest riders. The youngest rider was a 6 year old girl riding with her father & the oldest was a 92 year old man. Both were riding for the first time. Today's paper had a picture showing this man crossing the finish line - what an inspiration!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/3814158.html

I saw the German Shepard last year. He was so miserable by the end of both days. It got so hot and you could tell he wasn't happy. He was wimpering in his trailer. I felt sorry for the dog. It was probably the same guy because his owner had legs of steel.

Last year I saw a team of rollerbladers. They were cruising in a paceline outside Austin. They seemed to be taking the hills with no problem.