Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

September/October weight loss challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight loss challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 9th of September (or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 28th of October - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart later in the week.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Is it OK to do it as a weight gain challenge? If so, I'm in. Goal for the end is 128-132.

Thanks Possegal for running this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Is it OK to do it as a weight gain challenge? If so, I'm in. Goal for the end is 128-132.
    Sure! Tried to change the title to weight change, but couldn't figure out how. :
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I am in again. My weight at the end of the last challenge was 119. I hope to be five pounds down in the September/October challenge, ending at 114. I've only lost a pound in the last three weeks so I need to kick it up a notch.

I am in again, hope to actually make progress this time. Seems like I've been on this plateau forever! My weight yesterday was 136.4 and I would like to get down to 130 by the end of October.

I gained some weight in August and stopped participating in the challenge. I would like to get back in at a starting weight of 135 and end at 130 at the end of October. Thanks so much everybody for your kind words and thoughts about my sister! This is a wonderful community.
    Karen

2009 Cannondale Quick 4 Hybrid
    2010 Periwinkle Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD Saddle
    2012 Co-Motion "Speedster" Tandem with Lady Selle Italia Saddle and thud-buster

lesko.tumblr.com

Me, too! Sorry for posting in the wrong thread earlier.

142.6 yesterday, goal is to get below 140 by the end of October.
    Chris - formerly of Heidelberg, Paris and London, now of Fairbanks, Alaska

2011 Kona Sutra 49cm - Selle Italia Diva
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disk 15" - Specialized XC Body Geometry, 143mm

Me too. Still just trying to get back to within 2 lbs of my WW goal.
    So put me down for 114 for my goal.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I would like to join again. Life kept getting in the way over summer, it's time to get back on track. Starting at 220, goal for end of October is 210....
    Specialized Tricross Sport / Specialized Lithia 143

In again.

Will weigh in friday....its not been a good weekend
    ------------------
    Cervélo S1 2010

In! I am trying to lose weight I put on while trying to find the right anti-depressant. In the past I got to my goal weight using weight watchers, so I have come back to that. My weigh-in was this morning so I will use that weight.

Start: 158
    Goal: 148
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Count me in too...time to quit lurking and start participating . My current weight is 136 and goal for the period is 130.

Confessional Post

I would like to join for this period's challenge as well.

This post is hard for me to write, but here goes:
    I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I've struggled all my life with my weight, but 2-3 years ago, I finally managed to drop it off and I felt amazing. I've backslid some, especially lately, and I'm a bit disgusted with myself over what I perceive as a lack of discipline.

My history:
    November 2008 - 165 pounds. Decided to get my *** in gear, start seriously training again, and set a goal of 130.

May 2009 - Made my weight goal off 130. Felt amazing!

July 2009 - my lowest recorded weight of 126.5. I'm 5'4" and I looked (and felt) really good at this weight. Not skinny, but trim, firm and muscular.

Sept 1, 2009 (2 yrs ago) 129 pounds.
    Sept 1, 2010 (1 yr ago) 136 pounds
    This morning: 139.5 pounds, though I've been as high as 143 in the past 2 months.

Sigh.

I really want to get back to under 130 pounds. But even more, I want to find that sense of discipline and purpose I had between Nov 2008 and June 2009 that allowed me to accomplish those goals. It seemed then that I was able to maintain a sense of discipline because I could override my cravings/food urges by focusing on the bigger goal. But now, I too often give into the short-term desire to satisfy a craving. (and then, hate myself for giving in. Vicious cycle!)

Soooo, I'm hoping that putting all this out there, and looking to the group for some support will help me in my moments of weakness.

Anyone else struggling with this stuff?

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post

Anyone else struggling with this stuff?

Susan
    All the time. That's why I posted this.

For me it's all about trying to balance my sweet tooth - fortunately I want nothing to do with fast food anymore! - with my desire to be as lean as possible. I do weigh myself every day. It helps me stay on track and if I'm up a pound, I eat REALLY clean that day. At 5'5" and 120 pounds of lean mass, I'll never be light. That's a real issue when you want to be a good triathlete. Right now I'm at 143 pounds. I'm making some small changes to drop to 139 by April. That will put me at 14% body fat, which is about as low as I want to go.

You might think about doing some weight work. Muscles do use up more calories and they look good.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Thanks V. I appreciate it. And I hadn't seen your previous post, so it was good to read. Sometimes, when we struggle like this, it's hard to remember that others around us have been in/are in the same place and that we shouldn't feel like failures when we aren't perfect (which is how I feel at times when I get down on myself about this.)
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592