Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cycle Oregon 2011

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I was wondering if there are any other TE ladies (and/or gents) who will be on C.O. this year. We head to the start a week from tomorrow

We signed up the night after the kick-off party - I've had all year to train - but I am so NOT trained and ready. I'm sure I'll be able to finish each day (without sagging hopefully) but on the longest mileage days, I may be in the last 10% into camp. I probably won't get to spend as much time exploring the overnight towns, but I plan to enjoy the miles riding between them.
    http://www.cycleoregon.com/

My DH and I will be riding our long-wheel base recumbents, with bodysocs - say hi as you go by :-)

Edna
    Last edited by evangundy; 09-03-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added link to website

I won't be doing cycle oregon, but have a most awesome time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

I'm going!!! So excited! This is our first Cycle Oregon and it has taken me 2 yrs to get up to speed, but now I hope I'm good enough. My husband and I are riding our beautiful Bianchi's.

I dont know all the details about the event and won't be doing it. Next year perhaps. I plan to do Tour de Lab in October though (unless it's pouring).
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison

Everyone have fun. You will be on the coast so out of the heat, just the wind to fight, and every day awesome scenery. My cycling friends who have completed this week-long ride every year swear that it is the best adventure ever. I wish I could do it too, but I have an invalid spouse and there isn't a way for me to take a week to go biking on a tour.

I think you are smart to sign up the year that the ride is along the coast. Some years back I was talking with a male friend who did the ride when it was in the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon. He said it was real hard, that rides were 70-120 miles each day, with long exhausting climbs and fast dizzying descents. I probably could not even complete day one.

In 2009 there was one death for certain, a male cyclist age 59 who died in his sleep, plus there was a nasty bout of stomach flu. When I was on the bus back from the Reach the Beach charity ride earlier this year the other cyclists on the bus were talking about a female cyclist who crashed and died on a steep descent last year (2010) because her brake pads wore out. I didn't verify the story but they were all talking about it like it was common knowledge. So that is the worse I know, otherwise everything else about the ride is pretty great.

Hope all of you have a blast. My father in law has done it and said it was awsome!maybe next year........
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

I will be out there as a volunteer on the CCC's detailing crew. It's my third time doing it, and I'm really looking forward to this year's itinerary. I get to ride two days. Should be fun!
    2011 Scott CX Team/Koobi Xenon
    2005 Bike Friday NWT/Selle Royal Lookin
    2001 Bianchi Giro/Terry Butterfly Ti
    1970s Centurion Le Mans/Ancient waffle saddle