Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Interesting, but pricey new Fizik saddle...

To disable ads, please log-in.

With all the saddle threads going on here, I thought I'd add one more to the mix. I stumbled upon this one, in an email I just received from ProBike Kit. Apparently, I've been living under a rock because I had not heard about this one until just now...yet the "buzz" about it has been going on since early June.

It's the new Fizik Kurve. It's based on Fizik's Spine Flex technology, where by they offer 3 different saddles based on your spine flexibility - the snake (very flexible), the chameleon (less flexible), and the bull (least flexible). The Kurve is also loosely based on the Brooks (their sister company), in that you feel like you're sitting IN the saddle, rather than ON it.

Now granted, this saddle is likely to be geared more towards men. I haven't even been able to find any width sizes, but I assume they would be similar to their Arione, Antares, and Alliante sizing...which would likely be too narrow for most of us. And they come with a high price tag, too - I think PBK is selling them for $276...

Anyway...I just thought it was an interesting concept. Here is a link with more info, for those that are interested.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

HA! I just saw that email too and have been looking into this. And I couldn't find any widths either. Been on Fizik's site trying to figure out their whole spine concept thing.. interesting grouping.

I didn't know Brooks was a sister company.. hmm..

Certainly looks intriguing and perhaps promising.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us