Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Total newbie here. I am trying to understand what "center to center" measurement means. Knotted's description on how to measure was excellent and I get it. But is the measurement you are getting the distance between to two inside sit bones? Or outside? A little lost. Can someone give me an idea?

Love this site.
    “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Type One Diabetes
    currently using Medtronic MiniMed
    Revel 723 with CGMS

Once you have taken your measurements and have found one or more saddles you want to try, you might check out used saddles on ebay (assuming you don't have access to someone else's collection of saddles). This way you can try one out for a while see how it works for you, and if it doesn't, just try another and put the old one back up for sale on ebay.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    Total newbie here. I am trying to understand what "center to center" measurement means. Knotted's description on how to measure was excellent and I get it. But is the measurement you are getting the distance between to two inside sit bones? Or outside? A little lost. Can someone give me an idea?

Love this site.
    The distance you should be getting is between (roughly) the center of one sit bone to the center of the other one. Easiest thing would be to find the insides, then scoot your fingers out a little. I did the play-dough method (search the saddle section), and rolled marbles into the dents and measured between the center of two marbles.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Perfect! I am sitting (gingerly) tonight trying to figure it out. I took a 28 mile ride today and am a bit sore. Maybe it just will take some time to harden up a bit, but I am going to make sure my seat is properly fit.

Thanks for the help.
    “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Type One Diabetes
    currently using Medtronic MiniMed
    Revel 723 with CGMS