Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

That is flippin' CUTE! And I love that there are still cars around with manual transmissions. DH and I are both loathe to have any more auto-magics in our driveway after replacing a transmission on a car years ago. We've never replaced a single clutch and we drive our cars pretty much from cradle-to-grave.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I second that - it's a real relief to me to know I can still get a manual tranny. I just... don't like automatics, and that alone narrows my choices when the Heep dies. Like ZoomZoom, we keep our cars cradle to grave (though we have had to replace a clutch or two).

Your Kia is PRETTY! And I adore the color *wonders what the Heep would look like in a similar color*
    2009 Fuji Team

My blog - which rarely mentions cycling. It's really about decorating & food. http://www.crisangsteninteriors.com/blog

congrats on your new car!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Congrats!!

You just went through what I am about to start but I have pretty much settled on the Kia Soul based on the value of what you get, mpg, warranty,etc.

The dear SO has a 1997 subaru legagy wagon that is getting ready to bite the dust and right now we travel to farther away races in my 05 vw golf(which now needs the interior redone).

We have been looking for something to replace the subaru with that we can pack full of bikes and other things to travel to races or take the dogs to the dog park,etc.

I have followed this and am so excited you got one! We are hoping to be looking into one in the next few months ( the SO is looking for a new job, so trying to wait until that occurs).

more photos more photos

Quote Originally Posted by ehirsch83 View Post

more photos more photos
    Here is a full frontal - shocking, I know, but this is an adult forum after all Hitch is getting installed tomorrow for the rack I will add a picture complete with bikes when I can get one. I think her name is "The Alien Bike Transporter" at least for now!

OMG. So cute! Congrats on the new Soul!

I love mine and hopefully you will love yours, too.
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

Congrats! We just added a Suby Forester to the family to replace the truck we totaled in March. We were both super bummed we couldn't find a manual in town. I LOVE driving a manual transmission and miss it dearly (haven't had one in since 2004). My big argument for a small SUV over a car was to be able to put my bike in the back. I saw a Soul this morning and thought of you, ironically it was that color which is sooooo cool.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    Congrats! We just added a Suby Forester to the family to replace the truck we totaled in March. We were both super bummed we couldn't find a manual in town. I LOVE driving a manual transmission and miss it dearly (haven't had one in since 2004). My big argument for a small SUV over a car was to be able to put my bike in the back. I saw a Soul this morning and thought of you, ironically it was that color which is sooooo cool.
    How do you like your Forester? I just bought one, manual trans too, and it's coming at the end of the month. I feel like a kid before Christmas, all ants in my pants and can't wait for it to get here. It's like the end of the month is never coming!
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN