Yeah, that about sums it up. I realised today that I am getting the pre-race jitters. Since an Ironman is so long, the pre-race jitters start 2 weeks in advance.

So busy at work, finding time to train has been difficult, but I know I can do this. I just want to hear "you are an Ironman" again. I want to race. I want to have fun. I want to smile for the camera. I want to see "Chuck Norris never did an Ironman" signs. I want to see the Inspiration Station at mile you're-almost-there-but-not-quite where my friends always post messages for me that make me tear up (thinking about it makes me tear up). I want to dance with the people that party all afternoon for Ironman. I want to wave at the speedo-and-cape-wearing vuvuzela guy at the top of the big hill where the road stripes end halfway up and you're almost to the top but ha-ha, just kidding, there's more. I want to feel that feeling in your heart when the cannon fires and everything stops for just a second and you take in what's about to happen, then go elbow people. I want to say, BRING IT ON. I want to not get a sunburn. I want to think of all of you (and others) as I cross every timing mat, knowing that some of you refresh the page incessantly while you go about your day just like I do for some of you.

Saying it out loud helps. Thanks for being there, internet friends.

PS: Sorry for being scarce. I think of you guys often but can't always find the time.