Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Holding it Together for IMCdA

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah, that about sums it up. I realised today that I am getting the pre-race jitters. Since an Ironman is so long, the pre-race jitters start 2 weeks in advance.

So busy at work, finding time to train has been difficult, but I know I can do this. I just want to hear "you are an Ironman" again. I want to race. I want to have fun. I want to smile for the camera. I want to see "Chuck Norris never did an Ironman" signs. I want to see the Inspiration Station at mile you're-almost-there-but-not-quite where my friends always post messages for me that make me tear up (thinking about it makes me tear up). I want to dance with the people that party all afternoon for Ironman. I want to wave at the speedo-and-cape-wearing vuvuzela guy at the top of the big hill where the road stripes end halfway up and you're almost to the top but ha-ha, just kidding, there's more. I want to feel that feeling in your heart when the cannon fires and everything stops for just a second and you take in what's about to happen, then go elbow people. I want to say, BRING IT ON. I want to not get a sunburn. I want to think of all of you (and others) as I cross every timing mat, knowing that some of you refresh the page incessantly while you go about your day just like I do for some of you.

Saying it out loud helps. Thanks for being there, internet friends.

PS: Sorry for being scarce. I think of you guys often but can't always find the time.

We'll be refreshing on that day, you may be sure! Best to you as always, Colby.

Bib number?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    We'll be refreshing on that day, you may be sure! Best to you as always, Colby.

Bib number?
    Not yet not even an athlete guide yet. I'll post it as soon as I know.

Thanks!

ETA: Spoke too soon. #238 reporting for duty

Race well!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

What a great post, Colby! I can tell you have the legs, the brains, and the right attitude! You're going to do great!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Thank you all.... 9 days, 12 hours

And you have the HEART. A sort of understated/modest but real strength that I really enjoy hearing about.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

YES! I was hoping for a pre race post! Very excited for you!!!!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

I love your descriptions of different aspects of the race. I have watched two IMSTG races now and reading your descriptions brought chills and excitement to me as I was reading. I hope your taper goes well.

May you have a great race with lots of cheering fans for you.

Just think of the food you will be able to eat afterward!

Red Rock

It's posts like this that make me want to do an IM! Damn you, Colby!

I will be watching #238. You will do just fine, you know. I'm so excited for you!! Best of luck!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    You'll do great!! It will be all that you dream of and all that you're wanting it to be. Just being out there again will do your soul good!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

You go girl! We know you can do it! And, like other said... you inspire me. I don't think I'll make it to doing an IM, but you still are inspiring (you and others that do these crazy races!).
    Good luck, I'll be watching and waiting!

K
    katluvr

Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post
    Yeah, that about sums it up. I realised today that I am getting the pre-race jitters. Since an Ironman is so long, the pre-race jitters start 2 weeks in advance.
    It is appropriate that the jitters areproportiaonal to the race..you are too funny!

I love that your memories are keeping you focused on why you want to to this. It's the big things..and the little.

Go get your Ironman!

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

Counting down. Holding pretty steady. Making lists, checking them twice. Lining things up. Trying not to second-guess anything, staying positive. Thinking in short sentences, clearly.

Yesterday's song of the day was Cake's "Going the Distance". Especially appropriate for those of us who race long after the winner has won, and the sun is setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PU5CVSegg

I want a skunk to cheer me on, to pass a tiger, and for an elephant to hand me water.

You will be awesome. Know it, feel it, be it.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler