Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lululemon

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    I LOVE Title Nine! Looking through their catalog is like Christmas for me. Their clothes are well made and fit well.
    I love the products that Title Nine carries, but it makes me crazy that they come up with their own names for things and rarely list the manufacturer or the manufacturer's model name. It's difficult to comparison shop when you don't even know who makes a product, and it strikes me as deceptive.

You girls are tough on Lululemon! I just put the long underwear top on last night and it is so yummy feeling! The sales reps in the store also told me that the company loves to hear from their customers. They want to get feedback on their products so they can improve them.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I love their stuff! I just can't justify spending that amount of money on athletic clothes. Or on any clothes. Particularly in a city like Denver when people send some pretty quality, high-end stuff to the thrift store on a regulat basis. If I could wear athletic clothes to work, it would be a different story...my pilates teacher lives in their clothes

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

what a great thread. YOu guys are a riot. So I'll add my 2 cents. I never heard of them but it's a cool name. :-)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I love the products that Title Nine carries, but it makes me crazy that they come up with their own names for things and rarely list the manufacturer or the manufacturer's model name. It's difficult to comparison shop when you don't even know who makes a product, and it strikes me as deceptive.
    +1. That drives me crazy with Title 9.

Well, I have been on two rides with my lulu lemon long sleeve top. It was low 50s, with a polyester shirt over it. Disappointed. I was soaked both times. I wore my lightweight ibex top tonight and was dry as a bone.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I quite like lululemon yoga clothing but my ribcage keeps me from going any size lower than a 10! I have two tanks, two crops, had them for a few years now and use them mostly for yoga. Other than fading of the black of the crops, everything has kept its shape and original colour. Is it cheap? No, but neither is the Prana or the Athleta stuff.

I can't knock a company that sponsors a cycling team with Canadian Olympic goddess Clara Hughes on it.

Specialized lululemon Team link:
    http://velociosports.com/

I picked up a top of theirs in a secondhand store a few years ago, frankly it was the most flattering top I owned til the Skirt Sports Sexy Back Tank entered my life. But then I went into one of their stores -- wow, I'm a convert. Spent $45 on the most flattering, best fitting sports bra I have ever owned. And I am a 36C, size 12. Also found a great top on their clearance rack, too long but they hemmed it for free. I'm good with Lululemon.

I think Lulu is more of a Canadian thing. We just love our Lulu!!! If you go to any store here it is always packed, upbeat, and full of willing and helpful sales people. Most of the time you have to wait for a fitting room!

I have great luck with their yoga stuff.

I do find it fits really nice and the quality is amazing. I have several pairs of pants and crops that are over 5yrs old and still look brand new

Their "Tata Tamer" sports bra is the best thing since sliced bread, and the "Head Banger" head band is amazing under my helmet to cover my ears and it wicks.

I have spoken to several reps of the company to come out with cycling stuff. They have done a few things over the years but nothing that great in terms of riding gear.

I am also surprised many of you are not fans. Too each is own I suppose

I like some of their yoga bras b/c the bras don't hang too low and therefore doesn't interfer with my HR monitor.

Their other stuff is way overpriced. I know some of their yoga pants are supposed to make your butt look good. I find just the opposite. I found yoga style pants at Marshall's that make your butt look 1000 times better for $15 than LuLu's $100 pants that make your butt look huge.

Plus LuLu is very popular where I live. After a while all the women start to look like clones.

Yep, and you have to be at least 5' 5" for the pants to not be several inches too long.
    Last edited by Crankin; 06-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I went in again because I lost some weight recently and figured I could finally fit in some of their clothes. Nope. I'm a solid size 12, 5'4, and nothing fits. Their sizing only goes up to size 12, which, being Canadian sizing, is a US 10. I'm sad that they don't consider us on the larger side of the sizing spectrum.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

I tried on a bunch of their tank tops recently because I was looking for something to wear at the gym (for weight training, cardio). Nothing fit. Tried multiple styles in the same size, some were too small and some were too big. Tried a larger size for the ones that were too small, and then they were too big. Got annoyed and left.

Wound up buying a PI cycling tank top instead. On sale from TE!!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Totally unrelated to the topic at hand - everytime I see the name "Lululemon" I hear it pronounced like "Oprah" was saying Liz Lemon's name on that one episode of 30 Rock.

and I'm probably the only one who knows what I'm talking about, so I'll go away now...

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

The ladies (and even some of the gents) that I teach are all little Lululemon clones. I'll stick with Patagonia for high end general athleticwear because it's great and doesn't have the same super-ubiquitous branding. LLL is definitely a status symbol at school no different from Uggs, Sperrys, Northface etc etc.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers