Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Yeah Catrin YOU would like it, it's purple on the front!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Sounds awesome to me - looking forward to the pics!

Tired of prepping and ready to roll!

You know it can take a LOT of elbow grease to get a bike up and running and comfortable for TWO people. As of today I swaped the captains stem to something shorter, we cut down both sets of handlebars and I just finished putting the computer on, getting the handgrips back on, installing the cargo rack and adding bento boxes and a seat bag. That's not including the ALL DAY cleaning job we did yesterday. Whew!!! We have done a couple of short "fitting" rides. Tonights ride was WAY fun and super comfy so I think we may be ready for 30 miles tomorrow.

Sounds wonderful, and looking forward to seeing pictures

Finally a picture!

Here it is! You can't tell for whatever reason from this picture but the front is purple and the back is blue. It looks solid blue here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tandem_3621.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	13241  

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Here it is! You can't tell for whatever reason from this picture but the front is purple and the back is blue. It looks solid blue here?
    Beautiful! I can see the change of color, it is a dark purple? It is nice in the picture but I bet it is stunning in person!

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    You know it can take a LOT of elbow grease to get a bike up and running and comfortable for TWO people. As of today I swaped the captains stem to something shorter, we cut down both sets of handlebars and I just finished putting the computer on, getting the handgrips back on, installing the cargo rack and adding bento boxes and a seat bag. That's not including the ALL DAY cleaning job we did yesterday. Whew!!! We have done a couple of short "fitting" rides. Tonights ride was WAY fun and super comfy so I think we may be ready for 30 miles tomorrow.
    But isn't it cool that you know how to do all those things!!!

I'm glad you and your mom are having fun. What a cool thing to do together.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    That is gorgeous!! How fun that you and your mom can ride together now!
    I can see the change in color- but I'll bet it's so pretty IRL. Congrats on your new steed!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I was impressed with the idea of riding with your mom. You find this bike for such a good price and then you cleaned it up resulting in a beauty. Way to go!

dt

Beautiful bike! I love the matching pink bento boxes - gives it a little splash of "girly". I'm sure you and your mom are going to be an awesome twosome on your rides. Enjoy.
    callmej or jj
    2011 Giant Avail Adv. 1 - (Fizik Vesta)

You and your mom will be "two" of a kind on that outstanding bike I am looking forward to seeing the two of you out there

It's gorgeous -- just like you and your Mom when you're riding it, I'm sure! How very cool. I am envious...my mother doesn't do anything physical at all, other than a little light gardening. Can't even get her to take a walk, much less get on a bike. Sigh...

Enjoy!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your IronHorse tandem. I have an old (1990's) IronHorse single mountain bike still in my fleet. They were a solid manufacturer "back in the day." I wasn't aware that they made tandems.

My DH and I primarily ride tandems and we own three (a race tandem, a touring tandem, and a restored vintage cruiser) and just test rode what might become our fourth (a 29'er mountain bike tandem). You've gotten a very nice tandem for an excellent price and will enjoy it immensely. You did a good job to get it up and running.

The tandem forum over at BikeForums will have a lot of useful information on riding a tandem. There's also a very old listserv called Tandem@hobbes (How to subscribe: http://hobbes.ucsd.edu/tandem/info.html). Finally, there's a yahoo group called Double_Forte for off-road tandem enthusiasts.

You may want to attend an upcoming tandem rally. The Eastern Tandem Rally (MATES and ETR rally information) information is at: http://www.easterntandemrally.org
    We attend the Midwest Tandem Rally annually. This year it is in Ann Arbor, MI. There are often as many as 600 tandems at this large rally.

Good luck, enjoy the bike, and let me know if I can answer any questions.