Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a Boy!

Talking It's a Boy!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Adoption Announcement
    Name - Bruno

Height - 15.5"

Weight - 25 lbs. 12 oz

Gender - Hoo Koo E Koo, Hardtail MTB

Birth Parent - Gary Fisher

Date of Birth - 2005

Christening Ride
    Sunday, Oct. 23 - Riverside State Park, Spokane, WA

Bruno is welcomed into his new home by his mother, sister, and resigned to yet another bike in the house, father. He joins a loving family full of dogs, bikes and of course old VW'S. Bruno's mother and sister will accompany him on his christening ride. Father will stay home and try to figure out where to store another bike in the family!

Please enjoy a few first pictures of my little bundle of joy. BikerHen

PS: I know, lose the reflectors! But they look cool in the pictures. BikerHen

LOL! i love it!!!

I'm actually looking at that exact bike (one size up) right now. I'm hoping to get a deal since it's a 2005. Can you tell a difference in the gensis geometry compared to what you rode before?

Very nice, bikerhen! Glad the family could...umm..."hatch" another one into the coop.... Ok, now that I couldn't resist the pun, I just want to extend huge congrats on the new arrival!

-BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Runnergirl, Since this is my first real MTB bike I don't know enough to get very technical. All I can say is that it felt good, and being last years model I did get a close out price that gave me a little more bike for my meger bucks. I did print out geometry charts for all the bikes I was looking at, and I tried to understand it all but . . . ??? Maybe I can tell you more after our christening ride on Sunday! BikerHen

About 4 years ago when I was mountain bike shopping, I had narrowed my choices down to the Hoo Koo and a TREK 6700. Their geometries and components were nearly identical. I ended up with the TREK only because it was available at a closer store where I knew the workers. I'm sure you'll love it. Have fun!

Congratulations!

I know you'll have a good time. Just think, no crying in the night...just lonely sighs longing from someone to take him out on the trails.

bruno is VERY handsome!

(i REALLY need to think of a nice name for my MTB! hmmmmm not sure is it's a he or she.... will have to check under the tail when i get home this evening!)

Bruno's gonna LOVE Riverside! And your road bike is going to be jealous of all the time you're going to be spending with him. Go get him dirty!
    Plays in dirt!

I think it's time for a TE fall Inland Empire trail ride...

oh yeah, trail work at riverside next sat, 10/29. I would really like to NOT be the sole female representing. It's lots of fun, you are invited...

http://www.fttrc.org/calendar/public...ar/handler.cfm
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

DON'T DO THAT!

i got ALL excited when i saw "riverside" and "inland empire" cuz we have a riverside that is in the "inland empire".... but then i realized you were talking about washington and not socal

Congrats Cornish Game Hen on a bike!! I LOVED the announcement - that was Just too cute. So the father is wondering where to house the latest addition? .....does that mean he didn't count that chicken before it hatched?

(ok.....I'm done with the puns too {not})
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

I know what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    DON'T DO THAT!
    i got ALL excited when i saw "riverside" and "inland empire" cuz we have a riverside that is in the "inland empire".... but then i realized you were talking about washington and not socal.
    We moved to Washington's Inland Empire from SoCal's Inland Empire. And this Riverside actually has a river with water in it year round. After being here since 1988 I have to say I like this Inland Empire better. BikerHen

I forgot to add we might be coming down that way sometime next spring. DH's family is mostly still in Hemet. His niece is trying to put together a family cruise to Mexico. I told her the dates would have to coincide with some major ride in SoCal. They all thinks I'm nuts!
    Last edited by bikerHen; 10-21-2005 at 08:19 PM.

I guess you could say Bruno is one of those mid life babies that caught us off guard. While DH is still trying to adjust, I'm mapping out a whole new schedule of fall bike riding. And it sure is handy we enclosed the back patio this summer!

I have NOT been neglecting my road bike, I'm still riding to work when I can. But now, I can go play in dirt when the pavements get too messy. Anything to stay off the trainer! And if we have another non-winter like last year I could play outside all season. Hey, can you ride a MTB bike in the snow?

Irulan, I would enjoy helping clean up the trails, but I have to work on Saturdays. I just hate it, but it's my busiest day of the week. Sometimes being self employed sucks! I'm always up for a ride though. I usually have some holes in my schedule the first part of the week. OK, so maybe being self employed only sucks part of the time.

Oh, Caligurl, If you can't tell the sex of your bike by checking under the tail, giv'em the two finger test. If you stick two fingers in, and one bends . . . then it's a boy.

Thanks everyone, stay tuned for Christening Pictures Sunday PM.

What a beauty of a bike. Many happy rides are being sent your way. Can't wait to see the Christening pics.

JoAnn

HEHEHEHEHE....a new bike ready to get dirty!!!! Have a blast on Sunday!!!!
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.