Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

I want in! I need a little extra motivation/support.

Today the scale said 131.2, and I'd like to get down to 125 by July 1st.

Hoping the warm weather and lots of biking will get me there.

OK, let's start this at 162. 150s, here I come! Goal is to get *through* them and to come out at 149.5.

Back at 149 this morning
    Goal 140
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"~John F. Kennedy

Starting weight... 168. Goal 150. Weather's nice here today, no work, and new saddle...hoping for a long ride (well, long for me...aiming at 25 miles)

I seem to be in the midst of a hyooge water bounce (for me). A couple of days ago, I bounced up 8 lbs. overnight. A couple of them came back off this morning, but I'm still pretty puffy. So, since I have no idea when this will finally subside, and I have no idea what my actual (normal water level) weight would be, I'm just going to go with what I was at this morning.

I'm starting this one at 220.7

Goal: 209

And once again I say: silly body.
    2009 BMC Road Racer SL 01 / Specialized Ruby 155
    2007 LeMond Reno / Luna Chix Team Saddle
    1980-something Lotus Odyssey / Brooks Finesse
    1992 Bridgestone RB-2 / Brooks B-17 Imperial
    Nada Bike singlespeed / Brooks Team Pro in white

This helps me stay on track.... still 2.6 lbs above goal at 114.6 today. I am just setting my sights on getting back to 112 and staying there!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Still 134.2. My weight isn't budging at all - either way - which is better than it could be! I suspect that things will start to head the right direction once the weather allows me to ride more consistently.

I would like to be in please, I weigh a very discouraging 200 lbs. My goal is 192. I know that I have to change the way I eat for life but am really struggling with eating too much sugar so much sugar that I put on all the weight I had lost in previous challenges. I need to figure out how to not eat junk and to stick with it.

Thank you Possegal for taking your time to do all of this for us.

So I went yesterday to have my resting metabolic rate tested and my body composition in one of those 'bod pod' thingys. Talk about sobering. I know I'm way too heavy, I know I'm unhappy, but to see those numbers was kind of frightening. I'm 49% fat. UNBELIEVABLE. My sister kept telling me - don't let it discourage you, don't let it get you depressed, use it to motivate you. On the plus side, my RMR was much higher than my height/weight/composition estimated. Based on teh estimation, with no exercise, I'd have had to eat only 750 calories to lose 1 lb a week. The RMR measurement takes it to about 2000. The guy who did the measurements was pleased and so glad I opted to do both so that he could see that it was totally doable to have a 500 calorie deficit based on my RMR.

At first I swear he looked at me like - why are you here? It is a bike shop that has coaching and such, so I'm sure he's used to getting fit athletes in there. But he quickly moved to very encouraging - what's your plan, how are you going to attack this, I don't care about this first number, it's the next one when you come back in in 3-4 months that matters. So, wasn't nearly as humiliating as it could be, but still DAMN humiliating.

Here is this challeng's spreadsheet! Let's kick some butt everyone.
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...UE&output=html

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I've always wanted to do the bod pod thing. I'm so afraid the numbers will mess with my head, tho. I guess I don't want to know, but maybe knowing will help provide the motivation.
    Proud of you, Posse!! I think taking that first step is the scariest part. We CAN do this!!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Ok, guessing, (as I am in the middle of moving from SF to LA), so start me at 140 officially please. When I get the chance to unpack my scale, I'll have something more solid.

May 3 was 136.5. Been stuck at around 137 for several weeks. I am running an average of 1200 calories. My exercise has increased a lot in the last several weeks because I want to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. Because the real likihood is that I am on a plateau do to a drop in metabolism from loss of muscle. It happens when you are on calorie restriction diets. I have to either reduce calories more or exercise more. Ack! I don't want to go below an average 1100, it increases the chance of me being too hungry and binging.

My July 5 goal (nine weeks) is to be down to 129, slightly less than dropping a pound a week. May be too aggressive given the plateau I am on.
    Last edited by goldfinch; 05-08-2011 at 05:51 AM.