Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Where do you shop?

Where do you get the majority of your biking clothes? LBS? Sporting goods store? REI? Online?

I'm really wishing Target would get into making some biking clothes. A few years ago when I was into running, they had a great selection of running skirts (skorts). I bought all colors and ended up with a great wardrobe of relatively inexpensive stuff that fit surprisingly well for lower end clothing. I also really liked shopping at race expos for run gear, but the downside is that it's kind of like shopping online. You can't always try things on.

Terry and TE. I don't think I have ever bought any cycling clothing in a physical store. Just gloves.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Like with any purchase one needs to shop-shop-shop around. For example I just got a Primal Wear Maori Jersey for $46, while many other sites listed it for $66. The first trick is to figure out sized required. There is a link on this already on this forum because size runs small.Yes, TE, REI and many others have nice stuff. Yes, keep checking because when on sale, it won't last long. The other thing I do is a squirrel stuff for the off season when on sale. I get to buy more, top of the line things.
    *Cannondale Synapse 5
    *Trek FX7.6
    *Schwinn Frontier
    *Peugeot Versailles '86

"Life is too important to be taken seriously"
    Oscar Wilde

I'm in the UK and get clothes from minx-girl. I'd love to shop at TE but can't really justify the airmiles and customs charges when there's such lovely stuff here too. Other than that I try to make sure that "normal" clothes are as bike-friendly as possible.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

I've gotten most of mine from tri sites recently. I like Trisports and OneTri.

I've purchased most of my cycling apparel at either TE or Terry. There are a handful of styles by a handful of manufacturers I've found that work especially well for me, so I have multiples of those. Some of my gear is also from TE and Terry, but I've also picked things up here and there, both online and at brick and mortar shops. I shudder to think how much money I've spent on cycling. When I first started riding, I rode A LOT. I ended up buying multiples of nearly everything so that I didn't have to do laundry all the time. Now I don't ride quite as much, but I added running and hiking into the mix so I have gear for that, too. Add in a yoga practice, too, and I have more athletic wear than non-athletic wear at this point.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher