Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

White Lightening Clean Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just curious if anyone uses this. I've used Rock and Roll on my LHT, and like it, but am trying out Clean Ride on both of my new bikes. It was quite odd thing to go to wipe my chain as normal after my ride yesterday, and to have no dirt on my cloth My LBS swears by the stuff, so thought I would give it a shot.

Hey Catrin, I used to use that on my bikes but after a while it builds up a residue in your cogs especially and its hard to get off. I went back to my old standby TriFlo. I guess I should clarify if you use degreaser on your chain and drive train regularly it will come off easy enough. I switched to other cleaning supplies due to being indoors with my bikes. I can't stand the pungent smell of most degreasers.

This is good to know, and is why I asked. Thanks for your input. Perhaps I just need to stick with Rock and Roll...they have three different formulas, one for road bikes, one for mountain bikes, and one for all three...

Will Simple Green remove that from my chain? It shouldn't be too hard since the Gunnar only has been ridden twice with it, and the Jamis has only had the short parking-lot test ride...