Quote Originally Posted by Velocivixen View Post
Do any of you ever just ride around town (5-7 miles maybe) without any chamois? How will I know if a chamois is working well, given that my current seat at the distances I've gone so far, doesn't bother me?
This particular LBS allows returns for 30 days, so if I don't like them I can return them. REI allows returns without a time limit.
Thanks for your quick responses.
10 miles is basically my threshold for wanting/needing to wear bike shorts. I rarely use chamois for "around town"--I'm usually in some lightweight, loose-fitting cargo type capris or shorts. My limit for jeans is 4-5 miles, depending on the weather, mostly because I just don't like how denim sticks to you when you get a little sweaty.

But as far as my shorts that have chamois, I have 4 pairs and they're all different. My least favorite of them (incidentally the thickest pad) was fine on my hybrid but gave me girly-bit discomfort after about 10 miles on my road bike, so they're probably coming out of rotation. The rest of them are fine, but none make my rear end sing with such glee that I've stopped experimenting.

Happy shopping!