Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I won't succumb until it gets a little warmer. I will use it as a reward for cycling through March and April when most people around here are just thinking about their bikes.
    Not that I'm an enabler (right!), but they do have some on sale. I bought one of those. And they have XS. Hopefully, not "size inflation" XS!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

I'm bummed! Just pulled out the credit card to order one of the Nuu Muus that was on sale that I saw the other night. It was such a cute print, and only XS were left, that I figured I better grab it now. Gone! Selkie probably got the last one.

I don't really care for any of other ones that are on sale for $58, so I am just going to keep checking back daily until they put one of the ones I really like (I like the bright colored prints) on sale. I'm cheap...no, frugal!

I also googled to see if anyone else had one of the ones I liked on sale, but only found XL and XXL.

These look great, though; can't wait to check one out. I think it would make a wonderful bathing suit coverup too!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I hope I didn't get the one you wanted, Emily! The one I got on sale was the Fiesta print. I hope they do some vivid, geometric prints. The flowery ones are ok but they are a bit too girly. The non-floral prints don't seem to be as colorful/bright, unfortunately.

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    I hope I didn't get the one you wanted, Emily! The one I got on sale was the Fiesta print. I hope they do some vivid, geometric prints. The flowery ones are ok but they are a bit too girly. The non-floral prints don't seem to be as colorful/bright, unfortunately.
    Yes, that was the one! They must have had only a couple left. Don't feel bad, though...it's my fault for not pulling the trigger immediately! She who hesitates is lost...

You'll have to let me know how you like it! And if by chance it doesn't work for you, PM me - I'd be willing to buy it from you.
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Yes, that was the one! They must have had only a couple left. Don't feel bad, though...it's my fault for not pulling the trigger immediately! She who hesitates is lost...

You'll have to let me know how you like it! And if by chance it doesn't work for you, PM me - I'd be willing to buy it from you.
    Sorry about that! I'll let you know if it works out for me. Apparently, they ship out stuff only twice a week, so I don't expect it to arrive until Friday at the earliest.

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

Thumbs up

I received my Nuu Muus yesterday. Initially, I got one but knowing that Lent is coming up, I went back and got two more (they have a generous return policy so I figured that if they didn't fit/I didn't like them, I could send them back). Even though I did not ask them to combine the orders for shipping, they did and upgraded me to express delivery, which was a nice surprise. Enid also wrote a nice note on my receipt--thought that was pretty classy. These things make a difference to me when deciding where to shop.

Anyway, my first impression of the dress is excellent. The fabric is silky soft, durable, and comfortable. It is a well-made, quality product. Love that you can just pop it on. It feels good to wear.

Fit: I have a hard time finding things that fit me because I have a petite frame and am 5'5." I'm not anorexic skinny---I'm fit/muscular but with vanity sizing, I find it more difficult to find things that aren't too big. Ordered an XS and it fits like a dream. It's not baggy but not too tailored, and very flattering. Love the length---it hits around lower-mid thigh, so it's not too short but not too long. Arm holes are perfect, no gaping but not restrictive.

These dresses will be a staple for my weekends/off work hours during the warm/hot months.

My only suggestion is the prints---would like to see more colorful, geometric prints from which to choose. Or bold bright solids in jewel tones. I got one of the floral designs (Lime one) and it's nice, but my taste runs more to more non-girly designs.
    Last edited by Selkie; 03-03-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    I received my Nuu Muus yesterday. Initially, I got one but knowing that Lent is coming up, I went back and got two more (they have a generous return policy so I figured that if they didn't fit/I didn't like them, I could send them back). Even though I did not ask them to combine the orders for shipping, they did and upgraded me to express delivery, which was a nice surprise. Enid also wrote a nice note on my receipt--thought that was pretty classy. These things make a difference to me when deciding where to shop.

Anyway, my first impression of the dress is excellent. The fabric is silky soft, durable, and comfortable. It is a well-made, quality product. Love that you can just pop it on. It feels good to wear.

Fit: I have a hard time finding things that fit me because I have a petite frame and am 5'5." I'm not anorexic skinny---I'm fit/muscular but with vanity sizing, I find it more difficult to find things that aren't too big. Ordered an XS and it fits like a dream. It's not baggy but not too tailored, and very flattering. Love the length---it hits around lower-mid thigh, so it's not too short but not too long. Arm holes are perfect, no gaping but not restrictive.

These dresses will be a staple for my weekends/off work hours during the warm/hot months.

My only suggestion is the prints---would like to see more colorful, geometric prints from which to choose. Or bold bright solids in jewel tones. I got one of the floral designs (Lime one) and it's nice, but my taste runs more to more non-girly designs.
    I got mine yesterday as well (I only ordered one!) and I concur...great dress. Mine also fits beautifully - it's a tad fitted (as in, it's a tad too sexy for day to day use for a 43 year old!) but I'm getting smaller so I anticipated that and ordered a S even though I was probably still between a M and an S. Length is perfect, and I was pleasantly surprised that this fits me in the bust and waist, but doesn't bind across my arms/shoulders (like the Terry eurohalter does).

I opted for the print with a black background and a geometric pink print and it's adorable. I'm a tad concerned that the fabric will be too hot for exercising in the summer, but I bought this more for casual wear so I'm ok with it.

Now I need some warm weather so that I can show it off!

Oh, I also got a little note from Enid and a pixe stick...how cute is that?!?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I'm glad you guys had such positive experiences! They were so nice when I ordered mine a couple years ago - I'm happy the customer service is still important to them.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

I have told two of my work gal pals about them too, and they are excited to try them! We're all kinda holding out for one of the brighter patterns to go on sale, tho.
    Emily

I know, I want the bright red and white one But I also want to see what the new one with pockets will look like.

"I never met a donut I didn't like" - Dave Wiens

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I opted for the print with a black background and a geometric pink print and it's adorable. I'm a tad concerned that the fabric will be too hot for exercising in the summer, but I bought this more for casual wear so I'm ok with it.

Now I need some warm weather so that I can show it off!

Oh, I also got a little note from Enid and a pixe stick...how cute is that?!?
    I couldn't resist that print, either. I think it's my favorite. Forgot about the pixie stick, which was a sweet touch (sorry, bad pun).

Seven Alaris//Jett 143

You've convinced me....
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

A followup...

Selkie ended up selling me the Fiesta print NuuMuu she got that I so desperately wanted. She loved her NuuMuus but ended up getting one of the newer prints that ended up being very similar in colors so really didn't need both. The Fiesta print had been on sale and she must have gotten the last XS as it was gone when I went to order. I just received it yesterday, and it was LOVE at first sight! The colors are absolutely perfect as I just got new turquoise frame glasses (which are Transitions so I wear as sunglasses too), and the Fiesta print is turquoise, green, and dark purple circles on white. Nice w/my green eyes too.

As for sizing, the XS fit me perfectly. It is a little longer than would work for me as a fitness garment, though. From some of the photos of other women running in them, either they used to run shorter (hit at the upper thigh), or those gals are just really tall or long waisted, as mine comes down to my mid-lower thigh. Perfect for a casual meal out or summer party, but too long for yoga, running, or bike riding. I was mainly looking to get one to use as a casual dress in Belize, though, so it's absolutely perfect for that!

A shout out to Selkie for her kindness -- my 50th birthday is coming up next week, so I told her this was my gift to myself, and I couldn't have done it without her!

Someday I'll post a photo of me wearing it in Belize, with a tan.
    Emily

It was fated, Emily. The NuuMuu was destined to be yours. ENJOY

Seven Alaris//Jett 143