Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

While, my only complaining has to do with the havoc the weather has wreaked on my schedule, I would love to come to Beaufort. It's one of my favorite places. We stayed at a lovely B and B there when Scott graduated from boot camp, after a few days in Hilton Head (which I hated). We liked it so much, we went back the next year.
    We'll be away for the storm tomorrow, but now it looks like next Thursday they are predicting another "big one."
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1163.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	12604

Think we are missing summer? Ha ha
    Thats my daughter in the kayak, she was hoping to sled in it, but the snow is 2 1/2 feet deep here, so it just sunk into snow.
    Plus I have a brand new road bike that has never touched the "Road" yet, can't wait to get it out and ride!
    Hope everyone is staying warm and has power!
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by Triskeliongirl View Post
    Wow, there is snow on the ground that stuck in my neighborhood in San Antonio. Its only around an inch, but first time I've seen real snow that stuck since moving here 17 years ago! Bitter cold to (teens), first that's happened here since I've lived here too. Thank goodness for the Wool Weenies thread!!! You'll all laugh but we've had power outages for days since there isn't enough power to heat homes. Most heating systems (heat pumps) aren't even designed for weather below 40.
    Not laughing, it would really stink to have temps in the teens-20's and no heat! That can be deadly to people.
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011

Quote Originally Posted by isconniethere View Post
    Plus I have a brand new road bike that has never touched the "Road" yet, can't wait to get it out and ride!
    Sucks, doesn't it?! I have put 342 miles on my new Cannondale since I got it in early Dec. Entirely on the trainer. Poor baby hasn't seen the light of day.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Hope everyone is safe warm and sane out there. The weather is brutal no matter where you are. Let's pray for better weather so we can all get out there and have some pedal power!

I just dropped my Madone at UPS for the trip to Sarasota

I long for the good old days when the weather predicts snow...but is wrong. It's coming down now as I type...yippee
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

We had rolling blackouts since three power plants had issues with the cold. I was happy to find we didn't get hit long since my entire house is electric but my 93 year old grandma was hit 5 times for as long as 40 minutes at a time. Luckily her house is gas and she has a fireplace so warmth wasn't an issue but she has trouble seeing and with the gray weather she couldn't crochet or read.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Just when we thought the worst was over we noticed a pipe burst and is spewing water from under our deck in the back yard. Husband isolated the leak and is off to home depot............ Even our pipes can't take the freezing temps.

But, we are safe and warm inside. Blackouts have stopped, and the snow and ice are all melted. Temps are still dropping below freezing at night but warming up by day. At 26 degrees at 9am, we DID NOT do our usual club bike ride this morning.

Hope everyone is safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Hmmm. Anyone want to meet south of the snow-line for a ride?
    Sure, I'll be in Sarasota in a week! My bike should be there on Thursday!

Today, I drove in a blinding snow to Indy to buy a car...What moron buys a car in the snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bloom View Post
    Sure, I'll be in Sarasota in a week! My bike should be there on Thursday!

Today, I drove in a blinding snow to Indy to buy a car...What moron buys a car in the snow?
    I am impressed, it was challenging enough to get from my apt on the NW side of Indy to my sports club to Trader Joe's and then home again. The roads were just awful because it all fell so fast and they weren't predicting anything more than a light snow...

At least you get to see how the car handles in snow

Yep, it handled well even when some moron SUV spun out and nearly sideswiped us near 106th in Carmel. Would have been a shame if I wrecked it before buying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bloom View Post
    Yep, it handled well even when some moron SUV spun out and nearly sideswiped us near 106th in Carmel. Would have been a shame if I wrecked it before buying it!
    You were in the same area I was - glad it didn't happen! Did you buy the car?

Yep...drove it home in the snow

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of miss Michigan snow. Granted, I LOVE DC winters. I mean 40 degrees and a couple inches tops! It is awesome. But there is something about walking outside, all bundled up and just falling into feet of snow.

Plus there are more opportunities for snowing/sledding back in Michigan.
    I'm the little T that could: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.