Actually I dumped AT&T Uverse tv - still have the internet. I did like it, and enjoyed the DVR, but I finally realized that almost everything I watch I can get on either NetFlix or Hulu...then I found a wireless internet video streaming device that works with both services and my Bravia tv...and pulled the trigger and plug

I've spent most of my adult life without cable and it felt quite freeing to do this. I can still get weather and news on the internet and as it turns out, there are quite a lot of services available to me through this device. I have three free months with Hulu, and a free month of Netflix, but even if I were paying for both it would be less than a third of what I was paying for AT&T Uverse.

More money for bike stuff and more time for productive things - like riding, hiking, reading, and needlework

I thought that this might be of interest to someone else who might be considering the same thing. Of course you need a decent internet speed to make it worthwhile but still...