Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

We have moved! A lot of things went into the final decision, including the cost of heating a place that was too big for us, the ridiculous internet situation, and the horrible road. It was ultimately a family decision but the day before we moved, when we walked into the house the first time since we viewed it, I could tell my husband was regretting it. I think it was mostly that closed-up house smell that bothered him. It seems so small, but the place we were in was really just too big for us.

Now that we are in it, we love it. The carpet really captured our hearts. It's an old 80's type of carpet, not shag by any means but longer than what is fashionable these days. It's not beautiful either. Why do we love the carpet? Because the cats love the carpet! We are such softies...

Our oldest cat, 17 yrs, had gotten bare patches last summer. The vet said it was cat OCD, and asked "Have you moved recently, or gotten a new pet?" "yes, and yes," we said. But now that I've seen her rolling around on this carpet, and being more active than she has been all year, we realize her stress was the tile floors in the other house. She rarely left our bed all year. Now she naps everywhere.

Our landlords are awesome. They are actually people I work with. I was a little nervous about having friends as landlords, but figured it was worth trying something different, start off friends instead of enemies! She came over one evening to explain all the plants in the yard to us. The mystery fruit--is a winter kiwi! It climbs up a beautiful arch-trellis that is the entrance to the backyard. I keep my bike in the shed, so I walk underneath it every day. They'll be ripe around July, I can't wait!

It even has a cat door. Our other 2 cats (who don't sleep ALL the time) spent about a week figuring out how to use it. At first we had to hold it open for them. Finally they started going through it on their own. We shut it at night.

It's closer to everything, my husband has even walked to the store a couple times with us.
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Excellent!

I'm glad you left the old place, it sounded like it had soured (in a big way).

Congratulations!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Congrats! I understand what you mean about the cats. The place we spent the past year in was just too small, but it was what was available when we had to move. The cats were not happy there at all. Now that we got moved into a bigger place (we bought a house) the cats are so much happier.

congrats on the new house. I have cat requirements wherever I live. The last house we moved into (in 1987) is on a dead end. BOY is that good for cats. I might never ever move.
    Good luck
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Congratulations! It's so nice when the kitties like the new place, isn't it! Glad everyone else is happy, too!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Melalvai View Post
    Why do we love the carpet? Because the cats love the carpet! We are such softies...
    This new house sounds so much more inviting than the other one. And the fact that your kitties are much more relaxed speaks volumes. They can pick up on things that you can't even imagine.

Before we moved to the house that we're in, I made sure it was doggie friendly and that it was located away from a busy road. For non-pet people this sounds silly but for the other folks, it's a rational decision.

Congrats, Melalvai. Sounds like a nice new start.
    2001 Cannondale R500 <3
    2011 Specialized Ruby Elite Apex
    2021 Tangential Speedarama

Sounds wonderful! So glad this is working out for you.

Thumbs up

Happy New Home!

Ditto on the kitties picking up on things, aside from the fact that they don't like tile.
    Beth

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Good to hear your family is becoming comfy in new home!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.