Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How do I adjust the tilt of my saddle?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have tools. I have a Marin womens comfort saddle, that is currently nose slightly up. I want it nose slightly down. There are two adjusters under the saddle - one centre towards the back, one centre under the nose. Which do I need to loosen to tilt the saddle down? Both are really stiff at the moment so I may have to get Mr Hebe to do the actual turning work. Thank you!
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Thank you! It looks like the centre back adjuster, so I shall give that another go today.

Hmmm. Saddle now raised, moved forward slightly and tilted very slightly forward. I'm not 100% convinced but need to do a test ride that isn't just around the garden a few times. I do like the new height though, the LBS owner showed me what height it should be and I feel much taller. I've been practising starting and stopping out of the saddle, then realised that a very unhappy dd had woken from her nap

I adjusted my saddle from a slight upward tilt to netural even. I was incredibly amazed at the result. Such a minor adjustment made such a big difference. One thing I noticed was that the change also changed weight distribution. I found with the neutral setting that I was now putting more weight on my forearms, shoulders, wrists and hands on the handlebars. The seat was set to the correct height so I raised the handlebars in micro increments (like 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch) until I got it just perfect.

You are wise to go on a longer ride and continue to tweak until you get it goldielocks "just right".
    Bike Writer

http://pedaltohealth.blogspot.com/

Schwinn Gateway unknown year
    Specalized Expedition Sport Low-Entry 2011