Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
You've done a great job, Catrin. Just remember that you need to find your "balance," so you don't get hurt or sick. As someone whose body responds quite nicely to over training , I have learned the hard way. ...So, listen to your body. Half of fitness is the mental aspect.
Thanks for this...one of the ways in which I tried to gauge whether I was doing too much was how my body felt. My body felt great while doing all of this - until the day when whatever happened to push things over the edge happened. Obviously with two kinds of tendinitis in the same leg + a pulled hamstring means that this did not develop because of a single event. I obviously missed signs, or even if I didn't, looking at my calender should have warned me. But it did not. That, hopefully, won't happen again.

Part of my need for intense exercise is that I really do have to work harder than the average bear just to get the attention of my body. I have no thyroid at all though I do take a replacement. I have no reproductive system and am not on HRT, and that isn't factoring in the diabetes 2. However, that doesn't mean that a more balanced approach next year won't provide equally good results without the injury.

Balance is always a good thing.

Oh yes, my trainer is finally feeling comfortable enough with my recovery that we are, very slowly, starting to involve my legs again in our sessions. Very light, and nothing that activates the hamstrings, but it is a start My PT actually approved this several weeks ago, but my trainer wasn't comfortable with it yet.