Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Why can't you go, 7?
    Too many other things on the "to do" list this weekend.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I love those signs, ladies. Very clever.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

I'm not sure now if I'm going. I've had a stomach virus for the past couple of days and it's entirely gone yet -- I'm still living on ginger ale and toast (and pepto bismol).

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I'm not sure now if I'm going. I've had a stomach virus for the past couple of days and it's entirely gone yet -- I'm still living on ginger ale and toast (and pepto bismol).
    Hope you're feeling better today and can make it. Sign making starts after my first cup of coffee.
    2007 Rivendell Glorius/Trico gel with cutout (not made any more apparently)
    2005 Specialized Sequoia Comp/Specialized Dolce
    2006 Kona Cinder Cone/another Trico gel
    1986? Bridgestone mixte/Brooks B72
    1991 Bridgestone 300 Xtracycle/Terry Gelissimo

Have fun today, everyone! I wish I could be there, but there's way too much else going on this weekend!

Sarah

Wow...that was insane. In a very fun way. So many people...so much positive energy. Although I didn't get close to the stage, I was glad that I went. Very funny, upbeat crowd. I rode down so it was a little tough getting through the crowd with my bike. Had one guy behind me yelling, "Bike! Bike coming through! Cyclist in training! Let her through! Female Lance! USA! USA! USA! Let her through!" Everyone was laughing.
    Specialized Amira Expert WSD, Ruby Expert
    Trek Madone 5.2 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD
    Trek Madone 4.5 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 1 WSD

Saw a bit of the rally online.

Really, really eager to hear more reports from you luckies who got to go!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I rode down, too, and it was too much for me. Too many people, and I couldn't get close enough to hear anything. It was overwhelming. So I came home and am watching the dvr version of the rally.
    2007 Rivendell Glorius/Trico gel with cutout (not made any more apparently)
    2005 Specialized Sequoia Comp/Specialized Dolce
    2006 Kona Cinder Cone/another Trico gel
    1986? Bridgestone mixte/Brooks B72
    1991 Bridgestone 300 Xtracycle/Terry Gelissimo

Got home from my morning ride in time to watch most of it - what a positive thing!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

From what I'm hearing, biking was a better way to get there than metro.

I decided to sleep late and watch it on tv. I loved the whole Peace Train vs Crazy Train thing with Yusuf and Ozzy Osbourne -- when will those two ever share a stage again?! And then the O'Jays doing Love Train was great.

Also loved it when Kareem Abdul Jabar came out. And I liked the tunnel analogy in the speech at the end. It's too bad it was hard for people to hear.

The Roots were great. I loved the tuba player. Now that man has endurance.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Bummer you left early, DB. (congrats on the new pup, btw)
    PF - did you go with anyone else from the N2 ride? I saw that PP was there, as was K1, MyMy and Josh, I hear.
    DH and I went to the LBS (item #3 on the list), dropped off the Cafe Racer for its tune-up and some additional work, and Mike had the rally broadcasting on the computer over by the coffee machine. I stayed and watched (Yusef and Ozzy was great!) for a bit longer than I planned. The crowd was amazing. It looked almost as big as O's inauguration. (I left town for that, too. Most awesome skiing ever up at Cannon!)
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

DBF and I biked to a hotel/bar/nightclub in downtown Tucson to watch it live on TV this morning with probably a couple hundred other people. It was fun--the crowd even played along with the Wave at the beginning.
    '09 Jamis Satellite Femme | stock Jamis Road Sport -- road
    '08 Trek 7.2FX | Terry Cite -- commuter
    '77 Raleigh Grand Prix mixte | stock Brooks (vinyl) -- just for fun!

I spent the night at my friend's near the cathedral after a 4 am jaunt for korean bbq. She has a disability, so had a handicap parking decal. Around 11:15, we left her place and drove down towards the courthouse where she knew there was some handicap parking spots - but around 6th & H there was parking at a meter - there were other spots at meters available as we walked down...

The handicap accessible area was at 4th & Madison - so we went towards that area where there was a throng of people pressing... The shuttle for the disabled would come up to that corner and basically noone would let the wheelchair people through without someone having a screaming fit at everyone. So we had to push up to get to the disability entrance basically being fairly well smashed - in the front, there was a guy that my friend asked if he would get the sheriffs attention so we could go through the gate, the guy basically refused and was really really rude about it. Eventually we managed to get the sheriff's attention on our own and get around obstructionist guy.

So we basically got there maybe 10 mins after 12, which really wasn't all that bad. My friends from florida had gotten up to the mall at 8 am and had a spot at the front next to the sound van, but there was no way we were going to get up there to join them without doing a lot of pushing and shoving and it was nice in the disability area, lots of great energy, old ladies in wheel chairs dressed up and waving signs who would get up to dance in the street - lots of the wheelchair people would start twirling in circles or hold hands dancing in their wheel chairs.

Once we got into the mall area, there was so much going on that the cell phones didn't work for the next 4 hours, everything was overwhelmed. The bf & his parents had tried to get on the metro at Glenmont, but there was a mile and a half line out the door - so they went over to one of the other stations that wasn't so bad. So they got to the mall area around 1:30 and really couldn't get close enough to see anything. When we were getting dinner afterwards, some guy had said that part of the problem with the metro was people were getting on in the inner stations and taking the trains out of town to the end station and riding the train back into town - so the trains were arriving at the end of the line already mostly full...

THe stage was set pretty low, so while we could see the stage, we couldn't see who was on it - we also sat on the ground so we weren't blocking the view of people in wheelchairs around us.

I went to the porta potties at some point and was shocked to see how many people had climbed up on the row of portapotties to get a better view - and how many people had climbed up in trees. the bf said that a woman was on a porta potty near him and a police officer kept telling her to get down sayng that one of the porta potties had collapsed and a woman got hurt - we did see them using a motorized cart to pull a strapped down woman on oxygen out... I'm not sure if she was the same one that fell off a porta potty.

So we actually had a relatively easy time of it - I did have to cajole my friend to get her moving in the morning and make her a couple cups of coffee because she has difficulty getting moving - we'd planned to leave earlier than we did.

It didn't end up as cold as I thought it would be - I'd loaned my friend my icebreaker sweater which I nearly had to peel off her to get back afterwards (I guess I know what I should get her for christmas)

Wow!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/