Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

found a new dish I really like

To disable ads, please log-in.

I grew up in the high mountain desert. DH grew up on the New England seacoast.

He loves fish, before I married him the only fish food I ever ate was fish sticks and some occasional shrimp cocktail.

As part of the ongoing diet/eat healthy/lose weight struggle I have been experimenting with fish. I have pretty much mastered salmon and we eat it once or twice a week grilled.

I have been struggling with catfish- which apparently is silly since it is relatively bland, which may be the problem not the solution.

Anyway tonights attempt was pretty pleasing and one I will do again.

3 large catfish filets- thawed an patted dry.

1 Large sweet onion finely chopped and cooked in a bit of olive oil until transparent

1 can of campbells nacho cheese soup

1 cup skim milk.

Preheat oven to 375

Put fish in a large baking dish, season with salt, pepper and a bit on New Mexico chili powder (poblano peppers roasted, dried and then powdered)

Mix soup and water for a thickish sauce,pour over fish.

Pour over fish and bake for 15 minutes.

I served it with mashed sweet and white potatoes and a broccoli slaw with chopped pickled beets, jicama, apple, red pepper, low fat feta cheese and a hand fulll of sun flower
    seeds dressed with basalmic vinegar.

definitely a repeat menu.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

cheese sauce over fish, hmmm. that does sound interesting, I'm not typically a big fish person either. I may give it a try.

Thanks for sharing.