Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Newbie here!

Newbie here!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello everyone! Ive really enjoyed reading the posts within the newcomers section and I finally decided to get over my shyness and post something myself.

I havent ridden a bicycle in ages. I work for a company that offers a product that supports the bicycle industry so Ive been thrown into the Bicycle world for the last couple years while working with bicycle shops, vendors and while attending Interbike. I just returned home from Interbike and decided I was going to finally get my butt on a bike.

This past weekend I purchased a Raleigh Sport along with a ton of accessories and am so excited to start riding. I was just wondering.. from those with more experience.. if there are any words of wisdom that you would be willing to share with a supernewb like me..

Thank you! Hope you all have a great day!

Wear a helmet, wear gloves, and have fun!

Probably after riding a bit, you're going to have a lot of questions about bike saddles and how to find a comfortable one and maybe how to stop your wrists from going numb... And then there's 8 million threads on here about that stuff.

Welcome! My best friend lives Lacey so I know there are some great places to ride up there.my best advice as a relative newbie is have fun and keep riding. You will get faster,better,wiser, the more you ride it will come. Check out bike shops for rides or websites for clubs if you don't want to ride alone. Enjoy the fall is a great time to ride
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

Welcome to TE! Cataboo already covered the important stuff, so get out there and have fun! (I hope your weather is better than it is here!)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Learn how to fix a flat. You don't want to get stranded out there!!!

There are tutorials on line, or you can ask the folks at your LBS to show you.

Gloves are great!

I heartily second that about the gloves. When young who wore gloves? Now I feel naked without my gloves and a little extra padding never hurts...