Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Took the Pups for a spin with my Catrike!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday, needing to change up the ride a bit, I attached a kiddy rider, the front screen velcos down, retrofitted with a plywood floor, leashed attachment (to prevent escape at 25 MPH) and sleeping bag to my Catrike. Took the kids (my 2 very sweet three legged Shar Peis) for a ride, one at a time. What an experience! The new little tan (38 pounder) guy barked at everything he saw and was the tough guy rolling in the streets. The little girl, the black dog with 52 pounds of muscle, sat easily in the back head up, taking in the breeze as I hauled my butt and hers up the rolling hills (I need to lose some serious weight!). I am going to work up to both of them riding with me, but I am just a tad, owy, sore today from the workout. I sure did give me the change I was looking for. My two loves, biking and furbabies, joined together! WHOO HOOO!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3826.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	11973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3840.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	11974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3838.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	11975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3847.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	11976  
    "Do or do not. There is no "try." Yoda

How fun!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

cool

That looks like soooo much fun!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Love it!!!! I bought a kiddy trailer in hopes of taking my dogs for a ride a couple years ago. They hated it and would NOT cooperate. Boo for me, but YAY for you that your pups loved it!!! It'll be nice to have great company on some of your rides (and oh the good training you'll get).
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

So cool! Glad you were able to take the furbabies along!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by invsblwmn View Post
    Yesterday, needing to change up the ride a bit, I attached a kiddy rider, the front screen velcos down, retrofitted with a plywood floor, leashed attachment (to prevent escape at 25 MPH) and sleeping bag to my Catrike. Took the kids (my 2 very sweet three legged Shar Peis) for a ride, one at a time. What an experience! The new little tan (38 pounder) guy barked at everything he saw and was the tough guy rolling in the streets. The little girl, the black dog with 52 pounds of muscle, sat easily in the back head up, taking in the breeze as I hauled my butt and hers up the rolling hills (I need to lose some serious weight!). I am going to work up to both of them riding with me, but I am just a tad, owy, sore today from the workout. I sure did give me the change I was looking for. My two loves, biking and furbabies, joined together! WHOO HOOO!!!
    Awww, this is the sweetest post ever...

Your fur-babies are absolutely gorgeous and you are a fantastic fur-mommy to take such good care of them. Aren't they just the greatest creatures on this earth? They bring so much love and joy.

Taking them for a ride is such a win-win idea; they get to go fast with their mommy, and you get a work-out! I should take my little ones for a ride...

Thanks for this post.

That's awesome! Thanx you made me smile
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Love it!!!! I bought a kiddy trailer in hopes of taking my dogs for a ride a couple years ago. They hated it and would NOT cooperate. Boo for me, but YAY for you that your pups loved it!!! It'll be nice to have great company on some of your rides (and oh the good training you'll get).
    Take some time and LOTS of treats. It took us about a month of getting used to the trailer before the ride. My little girl is afraid of everything! I put the trailer in the living room and hid snacks in there for a couple of weeks. Then we would practice jumping in and out. Make sure to brake the wheels so it doesn't move alot when they get in an out. When your babies feel safe, they might enjoy it more. Good Luck!

hooray for you and your doggies! I do have a special fondness for special animals who are missing limbs, eyes, deaf, blind, etc. Thanks for giving them a great home!

How fun! Your tri-pods are beautiful!

Aww, such cute doggies. I'm glad you--and they!--enjoyed it.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Had a busy evening, trying to remove chocolate from a suite I am trying to sell that my OH managed to squish into the cushion.............oivay!

Just flopped into a chair and thought I would come on TE, your story has left me with such a soppy smile, your dogs are absolutely gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing.

Keep posting pics of them.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Tri pups

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    hooray for you and your doggies! I do have a special fondness for special animals who are missing limbs, eyes, deaf, blind, etc. Thanks for giving them a great home!
    After the accident in 2007, my close friend, a human, and also my best friend, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, both dieing from cancer all in that year, I spent A LOT of time thinking and communicating with you all, my friends here, my family, and learned about being cared for. I thought, hmm, how can I begin to give back? I was given this marvelous gift, Bailey, the black Shar Pei. She is teaching me to trust, actually we are learning together. Beau, the tan boy, came to join us about six weeks ago when I had the first aneurysym surgery. He is teaching both Bailey and I to play and to love. Again, I gave very little...and gained all. Biking and these two wonderful souls make life whole again. Thank you all for joining me in the journey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3835.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	11979  

aww I have chills reading your story. YOur babies are too sweet Thanks for sharing
    Alison - mama of 2 (8yo and 6yo)
    2009 Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel SE
    1995 trek 800 steel MTV

Quote Originally Posted by invsblwmn View Post
    After the accident in 2007, my close friend, a human, and also my best friend, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, both dieing from cancer all in that year, I spent A LOT of time thinking and communicating with you all, my friends here, my family, and learned about being cared for. I thought, hmm, how can I begin to give back? I was given this marvelous gift, Bailey, the black Shar Pei. She is teaching me to trust, actually we are learning together. Beau, the tan boy, came to join us about six weeks ago when I had the first aneurysym surgery. He is teaching both Bailey and I to play and to love. Again, I gave very little...and gained all. Biking and these two wonderful souls make life whole again. Thank you all for joining me in the journey.
    I wasn't aware of your journey, but I'm glad this place is giving you a source of comfort. I know it did for me when I lost my dog. I had been a member earlier but didn't participate much. But in time of grief, I needed to reach out to kindered souls and I found them here.

Aren't animal amazing in their capacity to teach? I'm really happy you've found your precious friends.