Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Have you tried lee jeans they make some that have good sized legs and a no gap waist. Also target and old navy got some new styles in and I finally found a pair that fits. Good luck
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

i see people in leggings all the time in Wal-Mart

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Heh, look at this model from Interbike. Does that body type look familiar to anyone?
    No, I only have one nipple on each breast.
    Is that a bathing suit?

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post
    i see people in leggings all the time in Wal-Mart
    I don't go to WalMart anymore (every visit got more and more unpleasant), but last time i went everyone was in giant sweat pants, not leggings.

LUV my leggings, wear 'em in all different ways and combinations!

Had to give up on jeans long ago- when they fit my hips they are always 4" too big around my waist. Long live curves!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I don't have a chest like that model, but the thighs look familiar. Yea, that's why I don't wear cycling shorts that are that short. Or any "boy" shorts. I've bought a few pairs of new pants for the winter. I've lost maybe 2 pounds in the last month and for some reason, that has made it a little easier to fit into pants. The thighs are always a bit tight, no matter what size in a particular brand I buy, but I can live with it. I like the slimmer fit pants and jeans, so I have found that styles called "modern fit" are good. They are not as tight as "skinny" jeans, but aren't mom jeans, either. Banana Republic has a new fit called the Logan. It runs big, so I buy a size smaller than usual, but it fits me well, proportionally.
    Now if I could just solve the problem of petite sizes being made in 30" inseam, when they used to be 28.5 or 29. I have had to spend good money getting pants hemmed. And no, I cannot sew and believe me, never will.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I think the "four nipples" are from a piercing. Ouch.

But yes, the length of her shorts isn't exactly flattering. I was so excited when boy short bikinis became popular, until I saw myself in the mirror.

And Crankin, I so wish we had more length sizes, like men do!

I just had to chime in on this thread, because I had a horrifying moment this morning that I wanted to share with you all.

Before I got into cycling, I was into motorcycling...big time. I still have my Harley Softail...and today, instead of going on my usual long Sunday bike ride...I instead, took out my Harley and went on a lovely fall colors ride up into Wisconsin. It was chilly this morning, so I had to dig out my leather chaps. When I went to put them on, I just about cried when I could NOT zipper them down my thighs!!! Apparently, a downside to cycling is that it made my thighs even bigger than they already were...oh joy! I did manage to wrangle them on, eventually...but not without pinching myself with the zipper a few times, first.
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Bike muscles are not to be confused with fat. Be proud of your muscled legs- they look great and they say great things about you!

I'm also trying to figure out what people are finding wrong with the thighs in the model's photo in the bathing suit. Is there something wrong or 'unflattering' about her thighs...because I'm so not seeing that.... ?? Her legs look lovely, fit, and normal to me. I must be blind?
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think she looks fit, but boy shorts generally do not flatter athletic thighs. It's just a question of finding something a little longer. And, they just ride up on me; very uncomfortable. Of course, no one sees my Ibex boy shorts underwear, but at times, I have to stop skiing or snow shoeing to ah, readjust.
    I see my athletic thighs as a badge of "strength." I just wish that there were more clothing manufacturers who realized that some women have this issue. Believe me, I used to have fat thighs and i know the difference!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post

I'm also trying to figure out what people are finding wrong with the thighs in the model's photo in the bathing suit. Is there something wrong or 'unflattering' about her thighs...because I'm so not seeing that.... ?? Her legs look lovely, fit, and normal to me. I must be blind?
    I don't think anybody is finding anything "wrong" or unflattering about the thighs in the photo. No-one has said a single negative thing about her thighs. Her shorts, however...

We just recognize the body type as being similar to our own.

And as we've all experienced, most trousers are designed for women who do not get much exercise. I would imagine the person who designed her lycra suit was used to designing clothes for more sedentary women, as the cut and the placement of the belt and ruching would be flattering on a woman without muscles but fall short of setting off this woman's fine legs.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 10-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Target/Mossimo Black "Curvy" jeans...curvy, my @ss. I tried on a pair and the waist was a hair big while the butt and thighs were skin-tight. I'm so tired of all these companies marketing curvy-fit jeans that are anything but. Levi's is the only company that has it anything close to right.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Just wanted to update: What I said about the bold curve levi's in my last post still holds true for the boot cut. BUT, I ordered a pair of the straight leg cut as well (also bold curve) and there is *almost* no waist gap at all. I can totally wear them without a belt if I wanted to!!!

BEST fitting jeans I've ever owned.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    FWIW, I have had great luck with Chico's jeans. They don't have their "modern fit" (i.e., low rise) any more, but the regular platinum slim leg fits my thunder thighs, and hippo hips just fine. With no huge gapping at the back. And - shockingly - the length is usually spot-on for me.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Just wanted to update: What I said about the bold curve levi's in my last post still holds true for the boot cut. BUT, I ordered a pair of the straight leg cut as well (also bold curve) and there is *almost* no waist gap at all. I can totally wear them without a belt if I wanted to!!!

BEST fitting jeans I've ever owned.
    Ooh...I am really eyeballing the straight leg ones, too, since EVERY other pair of jeans I own are boot cut and I'd like something a little snugger through the ankle--without being skinny jeans (I have massive calves, so I couldn't do skinny, anyhow).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    FWIW, I have had great luck with Chico's jeans. They don't have their "modern fit" (i.e., low rise) any more, but the regular platinum slim leg fits my thunder thighs, and hippo hips just fine. With no huge gapping at the back. And - shockingly - the length is usually spot-on for me.
    Those look nice, too...though I don't know that I could justify $80 for any pair of jeans. I'm kind of choking on the $60 for a pair of Levi's, too.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Those look nice, too...though I don't know that I could justify $80 for any pair of jeans. I'm kind of choking on the $60 for a pair of Levi's, too.
    That's why they invented sales. I almost never pay full price for jeans. I buy mine at J Jill, and I only buy them when they're on sale or I have a coupon.

I think I might stop in at Chico's the next time I go shopping to see about theirs, too.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles