Quote Originally Posted by Titania View Post
Yay! Sounds like a good first ride on a new bike! Would you mind sharing where you purchased your new bike? I'm looking at getting a road bike, and all of the LBS seem, except for Harris, to have pretty mixed reviews.

DH and I are planning on doing some riding on the cape in October. Haven't ridden any of the paths there before, so it should be interesting...and likely cold.
You should come down. I'm sure they would make it worth your while. I recommend Cycle Lodge.
Excellent shop. My husband was impressed with the service. Both husband and wife very knowledgeable of bikes. Fit, gave me first hand instruction. She said, I want to make sure Cheryl knows how to work the gears before leaving. I tell you, don't go to REI or any other chain. They got it or if not, they will get it.

My bike does not have that tube in the middle because it's a step through. it's so close to my body that I can't fit if they put a bottl on that shaft. I had to have them take it off. Now She, the owner could step through. I said, this baby got more back then you sista.