Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Such great news. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc
    P.S. CA, I looked for you Sat. and was sorry to see that you didn't make it - you would have had no trouble finding folks to ride with as the turnout was quite good with a variety of paces. I ate a cookie for you! Sounds like you had a good ride despite the fierce wind. The WOW ride is at 5:45 this week if you can make it, and if you'll be going back to Wilmington, be careful with Ophelia churning out there! My brother lives in W-ton as I probably told you, and I worry about him any time a storm gets close.
    Emily-

Many thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm "officially" a Tarwheel again (but I think I'm still not on the darned list), so hopefully I'll may some more pick up rides or maybe even the next cookie ride!

I'm in Wilmington battening down the hatches - we're not supposed to get much, but 50 mph winds will blow plants and trash cans around I'll be outta here before it comes. Hope your brother isn't out surfing in this! The surf is a mess!

I'll try to make the WOW ride - might just pick up with you guys next to my condo if I'm running late (isn't it cool when a ride comes *right* by where you live )!

{{{{em}}}}} that is just about the most wonderful thing I've heard all day! way to go my friend! The line that really caught my eye was you can stand in the pedals with no pain - what an achievement! you keep it up lady - you are truly an inspiration!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

This post of yours really made my day! Emily, you are an inspiration and I'm so glad you're feeling good and enjoying riding. Great job!

emily that is FABULOUS news! and WOW at those speeds too... isn't it just great to get positive feedback from other riders too?... that will no doubt be a comment you remember with a smile for a long time...

I'm so happy for you at your amazing recovery... heck it hurts ME to ride outta the saddle! way to go...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Just chiming in to add another WTG! and Hurrah! for you. You are an inspiration...and even though you're still recovering, you'd kick my butt all over the bike lane!

You are one amazing lady Emily
    I'm glad that you're not just feeling better now, but you're feeling GOOD too

[QUOTE=CA_in_NC]Emily-

Many thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm "officially" a Tarwheel again (but I think I'm still not on the darned list), so hopefully I'll may some more pick up rides or maybe even the next cookie ride!

QUOTE]

Was that a pun or a mistake? Are you a tarheel, or since you're a cyclist, a tarwheel? Either way I got a big chuckle out of it.

Congratulations!
    It can be a frustrating road working your fitness back up after an accident/surgery like that--especially when it comes to regaining endurance.
    Keep riding!

You truely are an inspiration!!!! Way to go...
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by doc
    Was that a pun or a mistake? Are you a tarheel, or since you're a cyclist, a tarwheel? Either way I got a big chuckle out of it.
    Tee hee! Doc - got a good laugh! Greenchick is right - it's the local bike club.

Though I have to admit I'm so slow, I think tarwheel (tar sticking the wheel to the road and slowing it down) is probably a more accurate description