Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

No Notice Bike Ride - Edmonds

To disable ads, please log-in.

Gonna do a coffee cruise to Olympic beach, the ferry dock, and the Edmonds farmers' market in an hour or two. (oooh, some good coffee and noms at the farmers' market!) http://www.snohomishmarkets.com/

Anybody wanna meet up?
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 07-24-2010 at 07:57 AM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Wanna? yes.
    Don't got a plane ticket, tho.
    Have a great ride, Knot! Hoping you have a fabulous PNW summer day.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Great day for a ride!

Clear blue sky and full sun, with a delicious cool breeze off the ocean. As I rode along the waterfront a HUGE blue dragonfly kept pace with me for a few seconds. It was iridescent and shimmery.

The beaches were packed with picnics and birthday parties. Balloons and wild children everywhere! I walked along the docks, watching boats coming in and out. It was low tide and the water was quite clear, so you could see sea stars and other goodies on the bottom. There is a restaurant along the docks with a ton of outside seating and a sandbox for kids to play in. They were doing a roaring business today.

Looking to the north, you could see a volcano (Mt. Baker) looming over the islands and to the west the craggy and sharp young Olympic mountains were rearing up over the sound. Most of the snow is melted off the Olympics right now, but they still have patches. The snow of Mt. Baker and the Olympics was really neat contrasted with the deep blue of the water and slate-blue-green of the cedars and firs, and the jaunty WSF white and green of the ferries.

I saw a flyer for a great summer job: seal sitting! Folks who keep people away from baby seals resting on the beach while their mothers are out getting food, and who educate onlookers about seal behaviour. http://www.edmondssealsitters.org/Se...s/Welcome.html

Skipped the farmers' market, it was just too busy and crowded.

Now I'm home and it's time for lunch. Salmon with steamed broccoli and local pepperjack cheese. And a beer.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Give me a couple of months. Er, maybe longer. First I have to get there, find a place to live, and have my stuff delivered (I don't have room in the car for the bikes). Oh, and my house here has to sell.
    Beth

It looks like you had a fabulous day on your bike in the sunshine! My turn tomorrow. Today I had a TON of house work to catch up on! I've been putting it off for 2 weeks now and it finally couldn't wait any longer. My house is now shiny and pretty and clean!