Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CTS Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

ACK! That's like my greatest fear. There's this one hill by me that I go almost 40MPH down and I LOVE it! But how much would it suck to wipe out on it! There is so much about riding my bike that scares me everyday I get on it. I'm such a wuss. But part of it is empowering that I'm doing it regardless of the fear!
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Susan - Let me know how the CATS ride goes tomorrow!! I hope it turns out to be a good fit for you.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

I will give a full report. I'm sitting here right now with my morning coffee. I'll be leaving around 7:30 for the ride. It says to be there no later than 8:30 so you can sign the sign in sheet and be ready to roll by 9:00. It is cold this morning. My thermometer says 29 degrees outside right now!

What a ride I had today. The temperature at the start was 31 degrees. Starting from S. Bellevue P&R we went clockwise around Lake Washington. Coming around the southern point we turned north and straight into one heck of a headwind. Lake Washington had some choppy waves out there. Headwind and hills (yea, HILLS! It was a very hilly ride too) and 51.1 miles. The pace was good the ride leader awesome and the other riders were very nice too. The blue group (the one I was in) had such a turn out that we had to split into two groups. I'll sleep soundly tonight!

Awesome! So you think it was a good fit? Sorry you had a headwind though!
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Yes, the blue group (16-18) was a perfect fit for me. Towards the end of the ride my legs were very tired and I kept falling behind on the long long long hill climbs (two at the very end) but I always managed to catch up after I got over them on the downhill and flats. In the beginning I climbed just fine. It shows me how out of shape I am and how much endurance I need to rebuild. But it's the perfect group to push me and help me get back in top shape for my summer rides. Looking forward to the ride two weeks from now. April 25th's ride (this one is on a Sunday) the Renton - Cedar Grove Loop. I wish I weren't going to Spokane this coming weekend. Maybe we'll leave Saturday instead of Sunday and I can make the Daffodil? We'll see.

Well that's good. I think I will try them out on the May 1st ride then. I don't know that ride at all, so hopefully I don't get dropped. But, I'm sure I'll find my way if I do. Last time I had looked today and tomorrow were supposed to be really nice, but now the forecast sucks! It looks kind of iffy right now but I think my husband and I are going to go do this 55 mile ride today with 2500 feet of climbing, and then if the weather is okay tomorrow we'll do a 40 mile ride with 2200 feet of climbing. Friday and Saturday look nice so I might just do an easy 22 mile ride each day that will be flat. I don't want to overdo it so close to the 60 mile Daffodil ride. Do you know what type of rides are recommended and how close to a big ride? This is my first year doing training and big rides like that so I don't know. I'm so nervous because I haven't been outside on my bike for two weeks, even though I've been to the gym as much as possible. And I did my 50 mile ride almost a month ago, and since then have only done a couple 40 mile rides! I hope I don't hit a wall at the Daffodil. I also won't be able to do the Cedar Grove ride because I work that weekend, but that is a route I do all the time since it's just down the street from my house (a shorter version), I wish I could do it though!
    Last edited by XMcShiftersonX; 04-12-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

It’s raining right now in Bonney Lake. A very wet and gray day but tomorrow and the rest of this week look sunny and dry. So my plan is to ride after work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday all this week.

The next CATS ride I will be attending will be the April 25th ride starting from Gene Coulon Park and also the May 8th Auburn Carbonado ride. The ride on May 1st in Arlington is too far north for me to drive just for a ride. I will do one of my local rides on that weekend or perhaps I will do the May Day Metric. It starts and finishes at Phil's South Side Cyclery in Federal Way.

The CATS training rides are a wonderful plan for building a rider up for the big rides. The only thing you need to add are your weekday rides. The CATS ride is your big long ride for the week but you should also include two to three short weekday rides in between the long weekend rides. For example, my plan is to ride twice or three times during the weekday. Anywhere from 20-40 miles and then do the CATS ride on the weekend. I believe this will sufficiently prepare you for your big ride.

I may be back from Spokane in time for the Daffodil ride on Sunday. But I think I will start riding a little earlier than I had planned.
    Last edited by Susan126; 04-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Yeah today is not a good day weather-wise for a bike ride. But it's okay because my husband and I have a lot of errands to do. Yesterday turned out okay, it didn't rain at all! We ended up doing a 45 mile ride with 2300 feet of climbing, and I must say I felt it after wards! Of course with my husband I don't stop and eat/drink and stretch as much as I would if I were by myself. So, I think if I went at my own pace it might have been better. I had originally planned to do the May Day Metric, but I wanted to save money so I just picked 3 rides including STP that I really wanted to do for now. So, I think I'll make the trek to the north end for the CATS ride, I always like the adventure of going somewhere new. I work Wed and Thurs and when I work it's 7am-7:30pm so unfortunately I can't fit in a ride! I think I've decided to start the Daffodil at 10am. Waking up at 8am is a good time for me, and I want to be well rested. It's supposed to be in the low 70's on Sunday!!
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

I'm happy to hear that you got a good ride in yesterday with your husband Jessica. 45 miles, little stopping, and 2300 feet of climbing is a pretty good workout. I haven't been on my bike since Saturday's CATS ride. I think tomorrow will be a nice enough day to finally get out and ride.

I've never done the May Day Metric and this is the year I'll give it a try. From what I've heard from others who have done it, it's pretty hilly and hard. But I need those hill rides!

Wow 70s on Sunday! I'm grinning ear to ear!

Hey Sue -

Did you go on the CATS ride yesterday? How was it?
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Jessica the CATS ride this weekend is on Sunday, today. I'm leaving in about an hour. It starts in Renton at Gene Coulon Park. It's supposed to get up to almost 70 today!

Are you working today? If not you should come and do the ride. 63 miles. I'll let you know how today's ride went later today (probably this evening).

Sue

What a GREAT CATS ride today! Gorgeous weather, nice route (Mercer Island sure is HILLY) and nice folks to ride with. 63.31 miles total! I'm ready for FOOD!

That's great! I wish I could have gone, but unfortunately I am still at work. The weather looks absolutely beautiful out too! I will be at next week's ride for sure. Oh and I LOVE Mercer Island! I do it all the time. It's the most beautiful place in Seattle in my opinion Glad you had fun.
    "Namaste, B*tches!"

Also, what did you guys average for the whole ride?
    "Namaste, B*tches!"