Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: Avatar in Regular or 3D?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've seen the movie and recommend REGULAR

1 3.85%
  • I've seen the movie and recommend 3D

18 69.23%
  • I haven't seen the movie but have heard REGULAR is better

0 0%
  • I haven't seen the movie but have heard 3D is better

7 26.92%

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by papaver View Post
    nope.

But then I got two free tickets to see it in 3D (no Imax).

I liked it. But i found the 3D bonus not that spectacular and the glasses annoyed me. I just wonder if people with glasses or that are blind on one eye can see 3D (or is that a stupid question????).

I just wonder if people with glasses or that are blind on one eye can see 3D (or is that a stupid question????).
    Not a stupid question.

You do need binocular vision. It works by giving different images to each eye, that the brain processes into depth.

The glasses can be worn over corrective glasses, lots of people do, including my DH. This is the third IMAX movie we've seen together, plus three or four in regular 3D, and he's had no complaints about the glasses fitting over his regular glasses.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I liked it. But i found the 3D bonus not that spectacular and the glasses annoyed me. I just wonder if people with glasses or that are blind on one eye can see 3D (or is that a stupid question????).
    With the glasses over their eye glasses a person should be able to see 3D, but one has to have binocular vision for that technology to work. Even in daily life one needs binocular vision to have accurate depth-perception.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    With the glasses over their eye glasses a person should be able to see 3D, but one has to have binocular vision for that technology to work. Even in daily life one needs binocular vision to have accurate depth-perception.
    I am blind in one eye. I guess that means I don't have accurate depth perception, but I don't really notice because I've been this way for so long. I do sometimes miss the glass when I pour my orange juice, and I'm a horrible basketball player. But the only time that it gets in the way of life is driving at night when it's raining. But then, I hear about all sorts of people who don't like to drive at night when it's raining, and they all have binocular vision.

3D movies don't do much for me. Neither do those posters that you are supposed to look at and see something (but I never do).

But I get by pretty well just the same . I probably won't go see Avatar in 3D or 2D. It just isn't my thing. I prefer westerns and mysteries and anything that was filmed in Paris.