Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

(TJ) I'm in tears just reading this and thinking about my shop. Everyone has stellar advice and I can't think of anything to add. But you are a strong woman (we all are) and you'll get through this.

ENTER NEW LIFE PARTNER! ready......TRIATHLON, ta daaa, you keep cycling, you learn to swim and run, it takes up a lot of time, you can grieve and move at the same time, what could be better.

I am very sorry about the break up. It is sooooo hard to lose something we love.

I can feel how sad you must be. I was divorced and it was an awful time. But, now I am married to a much better guy. Things will eventually change. I would suggest that you join a local cycling club so that you don't ride alone and feel miserable. Make some new friends and don't stop riding!
    2007 Ruby Comp/Specialized Dolce
    2004 Bike Friday Crusoe/Specialized Dolce

Quote Originally Posted by Running Mommy View Post
    I hope you are doing well tkj! Please check in. Lastnight over a tasty dinner of tamales w/the running family I recounted your post. Running hubby said "tell her to get a different colored streamers. But she should keep them if she loves them. Maybe a different color. And she should have a new stem cap made w/ a saying that reminds her that she is strong." I was kinda shocked that he actually had input, and kind of impressed actually..
    Where do you get custom stem caps made? I love that idea.

I also love Wahine's idea of going off on a retreat.

And KenyonChris, your words were beautiful and profound. Thank you for sharing your story there.

And Tribogota, excellent suggestion. Swimming, I've found, is incredibly therapeutic for my spirit.

(((tj))) - no words, really, just hugs
    Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Try this for custom caps...you have to navigate a bit to find what you are looking for but they have lots of cool stuff. Click on one of the caps, then click "custom" or "purely custom" at the bottom and you can get your own saying.

http://www.purelycustom.com/c-31-road-bikes.aspx
    Last edited by AnnieBikes; 12-16-2009 at 10:39 AM.

You know, I got into cycling thru my BF. I was in heartbreak over my relationship. I knew he was nice but I knew I needed to wait , so ...I got into cycling.
    I used the bike to get over bad chronic illness.
    This is what I learnt;
    You may be lonely riding, but no one can take away what riding does for you. As it was said to me, its hard but YOU ARE ON YOUR BIKE!
    Many elite riders, have rode better for hardships and such. No comfort but it may be nice, maybe if you go in some races ( easy if you haven't done any) - and do it for YOU.
    You had good times together. That was good.Now, the times are for you again.
    I have learnt , riding alone( often while incredibly ill and no one much cared) - that we are our own heroes but not everyone understands we don't need to suffer , to do this. So they hurt us, because they are afraid. Dont be. Just Be.
    When you do meet that someone, who is like you - I promise you, it is so good. Even if you have to wait a long time. And it wont hurt. Even when its hard.
    Last edited by cylegoddess; 12-17-2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

When I said to the BF, who lives across country - are you going to be ok without me

He said, yeah.I will. I have a bike.
    Last edited by cylegoddess; 12-17-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

Just wanted to add my e-hugs.

I love the idea of getting new streamers in a different color scheme. Since it's December, maybe you could use a bunch of those silver "icicles" for a seasonal twist. (Though they may be a wee bit fragile.)

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I'm rooting for you!

TJ, you know we love you!

Here's something new to replace the streamers...your favorite cookies!

I still endorse the idea of different colored streamers...BUT, you could change your team name to "Cookies" or "Chips"

Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 12-17-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Or "Dadgum-what-was-that-blur-that-streaked-by-so-fast-we-couldn't-see-who-it-was?"

Okay, maybe different colored streamers is the way to go. Got anything in hot pink, or pretty silver? Silver is a goddess color. I've always loved it.

More hugs.

Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBikes View Post
    Try this for custom caps...you have to navigate a bit to find what you are looking for but they have lots of cool stuff. Click on one of the caps, then click "custom" or "purely custom" at the bottom and you can get your own saying.

http://www.purelycustom.com/c-31-road-bikes.aspx
    Thanks, Annie. I've just spent about fifteen minutes looking through all their stuff. Cool, indeed. Now to think of something to engrave on the headset cap.

Roxy

I want to thank everyone who's weighed in publicly and privately to this event in my life. I'm still very confused and devastated but going to move on. One can not love someone enough for the other person to stay and I am at peace with that. I wish him the best but do not believe he will find happiness until he finds happiness within himself. This is something he has struggled with since before we met. I was naive to think that a man with no relationship experience would understand the amount of work a real relationship takes. It's just unfortunate that he remained silent for almost two years while buying a house and asking me to marry him to figure out that the feelings he felt were not real. I will treasure all of the experiences that we shared and knowing the outcome now, I would still have invested the 3.5 years that we spent together.

Through this, I have realized that people value me as a person and I've had an amazingly diverse network of friends, teammates and colleagues wanting to help me through this. I believe this experience has brought me new friendships I never knew were possible. I am thankful for this as I am relying on them heavily right now.

I hope everyone has a very happy holiday. Remember to treasure what you have as it's not always as it seems.

Jeni