Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I prefer normal (not pastel) colors with maybe a highlight of pastel to feminize them. I don't like pink bikes at all. I'm also not a fan of really dark colors (too hot in the sun). I would do white, grey, or blues and then highlight them with brighter colors.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Is purple not a unisex colour? I had a purple bike for 9 yrs. Come to think of it, I hardly see purple bikes. Maybe it's gonna be the next colour craze.

I want a pink bike...for only 1-2 days. Novelty would wear off for me.
    No, light blue doesn't do it for me at all for a bike.

I've seen a few guys on a pink road bike here and there about town. It must be the wierd cool factor for them...like seeing a pack of guys cycling in team kit with a bit of pink in their jerseys & shorts.

I do like wearing certain shades of pink near my face in non-cycling clothing. So am not against pink itself. But for a bike, it's like a tool of strength for me, hence need a colour for myself that conveys that.

I ride a silver bike ...with a red heart bike bell. So I do concede to a tiny bit of frivolity.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I'd like to see more pink accessories - things you can remove when you get sick of them like different colors of pink bar tape with embossed designs, etc. I'd never buy a pink bike.

NO!

Now, I do understand that some women do want those colors. The ideal situation is to be able to have two or three colors in your lineup (like Yeti does). Then you can have a "girly"/pastel, neutral (white/black/silver), and maybe a bright (red, yellow, orange, etc).

I really like Scott's new blue/green/white color scheme (though honestly, I want to SEE the carbon on my expensive carbon bike..). Girly enough, but it doesn't scream "HEY I'M A CHICK'S BIKE" and artfully done graphics that compliment the bike; I think this is what company's that are going to limit to one paint color should be shooting for. But at the same time I love my "men's" red/white/raw road bike and would really like something in lime green, orange, yellow, etc.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I answered the poll with the orange/green option, but I have a variety. None are pastel, but that's just me. If someone offered me a pink Orbea or Lightspeed or Seven or IF, well, I wouldn't turn it down. I have a persimmon red bike, a white bike, and an unpainted steel bike. They are all great, and I wouldn't trade them. I would like to have a yellow mountain bike someday.

I really like how my white bike looks, especially when it's clean.

I like strong, bold, energetic colors. And I also tend to avoid so-called "feminine" colors. By some combination of accident and design, all of my current bikes are somewhere in the yellow-orange spectrum.

I think it's not uncommon to end up with a bike with colors you're not in love with -- sometimes you just don't have a choice, so you plunk down your money and enjoy the bike for what it does, and not what it looks like. For example, my mountain bike is a particularly ugly metallic yellow, but it was the only one left in my size. Still, it's been a great bike, it's been with me for a long time, and I like to think that its ugliness contributes to a certain amount of theft-proofness. That bike has survived San Francisco, Cambridge, New York, and Seattle.

That said, if I were to get a bike with any amount of pink on it, I'd prefer something closer to screaming electric pink, almost magenta, rather than a baby pastel pink. As accents, not as the main color.

I typically buy mens bikes...so I don't have to have pastel/white/pink/baby blue bikes. *gag*

Electra Townie 7D

I like all types of color combos but my favorite one is one that no one else will have.

When I ordered my current road bike, I was really bummed that it only came in the light blue/white swirl combo when I liked the newer version of silver and white swirl much better. I decided that the better frame material was worth a slightly less gorgeous frame color. Turns out, I love the colors now. I've never seen another bike like it in real life and I get compliments on it all the time. I guess the colors grew on me.

My next bike will be custom and I have NO idea how I'll ever pick a color. I tend to lean towards more neutrals so that I can make changes in other things over time (like ivory, black, silver, etc) but my husband makes a very good point...is a pink or other really 'girly' bike less of a target for theft? I think it might be, so I'm actually considering the idea of embracing my feminine side once again.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    If you search older threads, you'll find some good longer ones on this very subject:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/searc...archid=2595799
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The most beautiful bike I've seen is the Cannondale Synapse Carbon Feminine 3.

http://www3.cannondale.com/bikes/10/...el-0RWC3C.html

Goooooooorgeous. Sexy. I love this bike. If only I could afford it.

I ride a lovely royal blue/cyan blue trim Specialized Ruby Comp, though, which is also quite nice. (Nobody tell her I'm crushing on the Fem 3.)

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

I loathe the girly colors.

Both of my bikes are pretty basic: the ti bike is plain ti and the carbon bike is the brown-black of the carbon weave. But I would like a plain bike with a splash of some NON-frilly color.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    ...is a pink or other really 'girly' bike less of a target for theft?
    I've been thinking about this, too. If my next bike were perfect (custom?) for me in every other regard, I might go with pink for this very reason.

I have loved red bikes since buying my first new bike as an adult, a deep, metallic gorgeous red. I still think that's my most beautiful bike ever. But I have a bright red road bike that doesn't look half as good.

I've always liked black and grey stuff, but the colours do tend to disappear. White bikes are very sexy. I now have a white mtb

Funny thing, I love brown and green and earth tones, in clothing and in general, but I dislike them on bikes. They just look wrong to me.

I don't like pink, but I have seen some very cool pink bikes with attitude.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

My mountain bike is a gorgeous (to me) black with pink symbols by Gary Fisher. My road bike is a white, two shades blue (darkish) and black. I LOVE deep purples but pastel purple I hate.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Well, my current bike is mostly red with some black & white added in. My previous bike was a silvery purple color...but it looked more silver than purple, IMO.

A pastel pink or baby blue bike would not appeal to me, personally. If I were able to select a color for my next bike, I would probably go with black as the base color, with a brighter accent color...maybe something like a bright orange, yellow, or lime green.