Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Please someone just start riding....with the 'thing'. I'm happy to organize within greater Vancouver..not sure who would cycle to or from the Canada-U.S. border when we are experiencing cold and rain at this time of year..
    LOL I'll bet you couldn't wait 'til Christmas morning to open your presents, could you?

edit: but you're right - I want to et it started, too! Who's ready to start?
    Last edited by staceysue; 10-29-2009 at 08:48 PM.

I just found this thread -- what a great idea!

Now who wants to volunteer to ride across the Cascades to get "it"?
    I could do that. Have friends in Spokane -- I could ride there, transport it back, and ride here to meet someone else. I'm just north of Seattle by 60 miles. Also, our club rides across the Cascade Pass (Hwy 20) in July. Never done it, but I plan to be ready to go this year!

I love the idea of the biking gnome ("gnomess"?)... something we could take funny pics with and document HER travel!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

If the Aussies don't get started before their summer gets unbearable we could start by going down California and across the south where winter is mild. Then some how wrap around the country. I am not very good at logistics! I like a bandana you sign. Maybe a small bag you could pass where people could put a tiny trinket or pin on a pin. Like a magnet or pin from your home area?
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Too fun! Of course I'd be doing a little hop as in the Bay Area we have tons of TE'ers. But it would be fun to plan a few hops to get the "thing" from where it was to where it needs to be. Maybe I could actually meet JoBob!

I think it would be great to get something like a Doodlebear on which we could write something, then pass on.
    Christine
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Cycle! It's Good for the Wattle; it's good for the can!

So many awesome ideas. Is there anybody who's ready to get started now?

me

I'm ready to get the thing going & it's not hot yet I shall pick the "IT" up tomorrow & pass it to Trekhawk shortly after since she's out my way.

THe thing will be in a plastic pouch & have a postcard attached to it. Umm..it might have some sand on it as the "it" will be paying a short trip to the beach...

Man, that Canberra to Perth leg is gonna be a hard one!
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

plane

Umm Cyclegoddes..i think we'll have to rely on the folks at Australia Post for that leg

Hey, it'd be cool to see what place you can get a pic of the " it" at in Canberra! the AIS? Parliament House? PM me with your details & i'll send it to you if you're willing to pass it on to the QLD contingent.

Yippee, any more Queenslanders here? I know there's at least one other Brisbanite

On the topic of sending sand with "it" - might this be a problem for quarantine when sending it overseas?

Max

little

Hmm..perhaps to NZ...? The rest of the world doesn't have strict quarantine measures like NZ & Aust...

The Northeast thread has five riders and a start of a RI-Mass route so far... we can go East West, North South, in either direction. We can do our part probably as early as April.

Looking for the the CT ladies to chime in and the Maine, NH VTers and upstate / Adirondack folks to pop in as well.
    I can do five more miles.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I'm ready to get the thing going & it's not hot yet I shall pick the "IT" up tomorrow & pass it to Trekhawk shortly after since she's out my way.

THe thing will be in a plastic pouch & have a postcard attached to it. Umm..it might have some sand on it as the "it" will be paying a short trip to the beach...
    Awesome!! How far are you riding and will you take pics? I want to her all about the weather and see some good Aussie pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by LilBolt View Post
    I'll be on Maui in early March, and could transport 'the thing' to Seattle. We plan to ride while on Maui, so I could show it a fun time.
    Seems like when "it" comes to the US, it should start in the PNW and then south through Oregon and CA before making it's way east and north. However, I know you guys in Seattle and Vancouver will have iffy weather until May.

If my ankle injury is healed enough and I'm back on the bike, I"ll certainly do my part when it makes its way southeast--whatever the schedule.

Crazycanuck, thank you for getting this started. What fun!

ha ha

ha ha..*snork* Umm..The " It" will be driven to the beach & up to Trekhawk's abode since she lives near where i do dirt time. I could take it on the dirt with me for a few min & expose it to pea gravel...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Go, crazycanuck!!! Somehow your TE pseudonymn suits the start of this whole thing...crazy, fun.. Do some dirt starts for us!

Can we think of a fun name for this ride? Then we can stampede over to Susan O. to ask her to set aside on this fourm and digitally pin the ride up as a topic to at least for us to post pics for now and add stories. Topic can be digitally 'pinned' like the TE Frapr map for us to easily locate it fast.

But we need a name for this ride..otherwise it'll be the "IT" uninspiring ride.

Let's not be too hard on Susan O. to ask for a blog on this. She runs a biz. Make it easy for now.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.