Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Or take a picture with "the thing", post and ride onward.
    Love this idea! Just like the Flat Stanley projects so many of the elementary schools do.
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxxie View Post
    I'm in! Brisbane, Australia here!

Max
    Me too!

Hmm - I'm going to Japan in February. Anybody there? Oh - and DH will be heading back to Austin, Texas later next year if that is of any use. I might even go with him this time...
    Last edited by pinkbikes; 10-28-2009 at 01:04 AM.

Aye! If someone were to mail me "the thing" I could take it for a ride around Oslo, photograph it somewhere scenic, and ship it on to the next one.

I love all this talk about "the thing", it makes it sound all mysterious and corny at the same time
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Aye! If someone were to mail me "the thing" I could take it for a ride around Oslo, photograph it somewhere scenic, and ship it on to the next one.

I love all this talk about "the thing", it makes it sound all mysterious and corny at the same time
    Thats a fantastic idea! Not just passing *it* on...but showing it a good time too!
    I like the idea of a cycling gnome-lol and it could travel with guestbook or journal of sorts where each could sign and write about the adventures of the *thing*!
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

I lost the thread where we were suggesting names for the ride. Did we find a name yet?

I was thinking "Team Estrogen's 'Round the World Relay" might be good . . . .

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by staceysue View Post
    I lost the thread where we were suggesting names for the ride. Did we find a name yet?

The discussion thread on name and current use of name (#2 link below) are here:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=35001

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=35039

Nice to embed both TE and Maidei in name, Maidei makes it more personal outside of TE. We aren't doing it for TE, but for something beyond TE/company identity, we're making it part of something personal and more global. But just my thoughts.

Name should have 'bike', 'world/global/international' at least.
    N.B. Love that Maidei will have her own jersey!
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-02-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I think that's a good idea. Of course if anyone ends up blogging this you'd need to ask Susan/Jeff if it's ok to use their name. This is like Team Amici Veloci of old, this was not called a TE team but took on a life of its own although started/rooted here.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I think that's a good idea. Of course if anyone ends up blogging this you'd need to ask Susan/Jeff if it's ok to use their name. This is like Team Amici Veloci of old, this was not called a TE team but took on a life of its own although started/rooted here.
    What ever happened to Team Amici Veloci?

What ever happened to Team Amici Veloci?
    It's still here I have a jersey and a vest and arm skins. We never got socks made Ask Sadiekate, Jobob, Adventuregirl, original members. Maybe it'll start up again. Maybe there will be socks
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Wasn't aware of this Team Amici history. Maybe our latest Maidei bike tour endeavour will be more long lasting..

and it may well be, with enough of us wanting to do a ride segment globally.

Note: For finding this thread quickly, perhaps move this thread under "Adventure" section and have it "pinned" near top. So that we find it near Maidei/TE's world trip thread....which will have website link to geocache site later. After cyclegoddess in Australia attaches GPS tag (from Knotted) for tracking Maidei's mileage, etc.

***If moving this topic thread s a lousy idea, please propose something else more practical within next 24 hrs. ****
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.