Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 224 of 252 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3767

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been pretty hit and miss about this lately, I need to be more consistent with it:

Today:

B: eggs scrambled with spinach, 1 slice pastured bacon, a bit of sweet potato/shallot hash, coffee
    1.25 hour group conditioning workout followed with protein shake
    L: veggie/pork meatloaf, steamed green beans and a bit of baked butternut squash
    D: An impromptu soup made with bone broth, veggies and 2 chicken sausages. I spiced it up pretty nicely, but something was missing so I added a dollop of coconut cream - divine combination! It also bumped my caloric intake for the day closer to where it should be - this is still a challenge for me. 1 Left Hand Milk Stout to go with it all...nice dinner. Glad I decided to just throw something together, but the problem with THAT is it isn't possible to duplicate it. Recipe? We don't need no stinking recipe
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.

B: scrambled eggs and egg whites with mushrooms and bacon mixed in there. an orange and strawberries. Coffee
    S: handful of walnuts and dried apricots
    one hour of hill intervals on the trainer, followed by 15 minutes of stretching/strength
    L: chicken salad with chopped apples, stuffed in 3 leaves of romaine
    D: home made asparagus soup, topped with pancetta, salad, one square dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

B: 1 piece wg toast with butter, shredded wheat, strawberries, milk, coffee
    L: leftover turkey, vege, rice casserole
    D: 1 piece carrot cake, 1 glass white wine
    Dessert: cheese and crackers (yep, this was backwards). I went to a party at a wine bar - had the cake for our friend's 40th birthday and then came home and had some cheese and crackers.

B: 1 egg + GF Toast, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    L: Homemade Veggie soup, Lara bar
    S: Hot chocolate
    D: Leftover Quiche Lorraine + Salad with homemade dressing
    ES: Recover Smoothie (frozen berries, kale, Endura, phytoganix, almond milk)

30 minutes on the trainer with intervals, 30 minutes of Strength Training
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

10 minutes warm up on the treadmill, 40 minutes core/functional body fitness with intervals of jacks and burpees, 10 minutes stretching at home, since there was severe black ice when I went out to go to the gym at 5:20
    B: 3 slices low salt ham, stuffed with light veggie cream cheese and walnuts, stir friend kale and orange pepper, coffee
    L: cup of tomato soup, veggie burger patty, left over squash casserole
    S: cup of tea
    D: went to a Mexican restaurant with DS and DIL. I had 2 small chicken enchiladas on corn tortillas, green chili sauce, black beans, rice, one beer.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Rest day today and skipped brekkie because of my annual physical/blood work. By the time we were done it was almost lunch so I left it at that.

S: "Dr Tim San", a lovely cappuccino (triple shot), with very dark chocolate + half/half
    L: leftover meatloaf, butternut squash, green beans
    S: a couple stalks of celery with a bit of almond butter and a few raisins
    D: Homemade Chicken Nanking chicken (no sauce, from Well Fed 2) with steamed sweet potato and brussel sprouts. First time I've made it and while it was a fair amount of work it was very good. Chicken crack...and I only marinated it for 2 hours, can't imagine how much better it would be if it marinated for 24!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Rest day today and skipped brekkie because of my annual physical/blood work. By the time we were done it was almost lunch so I left it at that.

S: "Dr Tim San", a lovely cappuccino (triple shot), with very dark chocolate + half/half
    L: leftover meatloaf, butternut squash, green beans
    S: a couple stalks of celery with a bit of almond butter and a few raisins
    D: Homemade Chicken Nanking chicken (no sauce, from Well Fed 2) with steamed sweet potato and brussel sprouts. First time I've made it and while it was a fair amount of work it was very good. Chicken crack...and I only marinated it for 2 hours, can't imagine how much better it would be if it marinated for 24!
    What is the marinade? I'm always looking for ways to cook chicken?

B: bowl of shredded wheat, milk, coffee
    L: bowl of leftover chili and some leftover apple crisp
    D: couple pieces of flatbread pizza (spinach, mozz, sundried tomatoes), 1 glass wine and some salad
    1 piece see chocolate candy

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    What is the marinade? I'm always looking for ways to cook chicken?
    For 1-pound boneless/skinless chicken thighs:

1/4 cup coconut aminos
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
    1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated (~1 tablespoon)
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon coconut oil

cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and add to marinade, refrigerate 2-8 hours. Cook in coconut oil ~3-4 minutes per side to get nice and brown.

There is a sauce recipe that goes with this, but I've not made it yet. I am making a double batch of this tomorrow so I can freeze some

Did I mention this is just YUMMY???

Last edited by Catrin; 12-31-2013 at 02:52 PM.

B: stir fried red pepper, spinach, 3 slices low salt ham, an orange, coffee
    L: curried tuna in a tomato, blueberries/strawberries
    did 45 minutes of weights/core, interspersed with 3 5 minute light spin intervals, stretching
    D: went to a local and very authentic Italian restaurant for New Years Eve. I had a cup of lentil soup, glass and a half of red wine, grilled veal with lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, roast potatoes, zucchini. Came home and had a chocolate cupcake with coffee.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Today:

Brekkie: usual eggs scrambled with greens, a little pastured bacon, fermented veggies, coffee
    75 minute tough group workout - our coach didn't disappoint
    L: last of the "porktastic meatloaf" and made little sandwiches out of it with romaine lettuce leaves.
    S: kefir mixed with protein powder
    D: Homemade West African Chicken Stew over coconut-cauliflower "rice" and Casablanca carrots. Flavors were absolutely decadent and a fabulous New Years dinner. This is the first time I've made any of those recipes and they were all winners. If I had any wine I would have had some, but didn't.

I've had trouble making the "rice" with cauliflower. I've tried both a grater and the food processor. Any hints?
    B: quick version of huevos rancheros. 2 fried/steamed eggs on a small amount of black beans, sprinkle of low fat jack cheese, all on a corn tortilla. Topped with 1/4 avocado, cilantro, salsa verde. side of strawberries, coffee
    S: green tea
    L: small endive stuffed with low fat chive cream cheese, chopped walnuts, red pepper. an orange
    40 minute very brisk walk, including the big hill
    S: half cup plain non fat Greek yogurt with blueberries and chia seeds
    D: 5 Czech meatballs, cauliflower mashed potatoes, 2 slices of fresh pineapple, one square dark chocolate
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin, I use the food processor method. I don't separate all of the little flowerets but they are pretty small when I put them in the processor. Small batches , low speed and I only run it 8 or 10 seconds, it doesn't take long. I do make certain that I've removed the stem, for lack of another word to call it. What problem are you having with it?

It got too processed, and certainly didn't look like the "rice" in the picture in the cookbook! I will try your method. We ordered a new food processor. Mine seems new, because I didn't use it for like, 10 years, but it's not working for the soups I make at this time of the year, as well as a couple of other things i hate. It is supposed to come tomorrow, so I will wait and try the rice again next week.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

It sounds like it was due for replacement. I would try small batches, low speed and brief whirls. I've not had it fail, and I am not the most talented in the kitchen.