Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 83 of 133 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1989

To disable ads, please log-in.

7 Rider,

Sorry to hear about your pannier being hit - OUCH! Hope it wasn't damaged.

Good for you sweeping up the glass. That's what I'd do and have done. You ride by it day after day then finally make the move to get rid of the glass. Somebody's gotta do it, right?
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehrzad View Post

Sorry to hear about your pannier being hit - OUCH! Hope it wasn't damaged.

?
    grrrrr
    I just finally went and checked. It's busted. The hard frame that gives shape and support to the opening is shattered. The hard back, where the hooks are is still in (nearly) one piece, so I think it's still useable, but yup - jerk-wad busted it.
    Last edited by 7rider; 01-04-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Plowed paths! Back to my 15-minute commute. It was very cold this morning. Also very pretty with frost on everything. Hopefully my new light will get here this week. That will make my evening commute so much better.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

This week's commutes have been very nice (albeit, dark at both ends) because while cold (in the low to mid 20's), it has been dry. I am lovin' the flexibility of biking and have also done a few lunch errands using the bike.

So far, since my work place move, I am hitting my goal of 100% bike commuting! (Okay, that makes only 5 days, so far. ).

Our weather is on the change for the rest of the week - rain front coming in.

I've seen some wonderful morning lights along the river and right before I cross the bridge to the work building. Lovely riding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '89 Bridgestone Radac Dura-Ace | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1 | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '92 Bridgestone MB-1.2 (balloon tire bike) | Specialized Ruby, 143
    '93 Bridgestone MB-5 (my SUB*) | Specialized Lithia, 143

My blog: Portlandia Pedaler (at Blogger)

Had off X-Mas eve through New Years weekend, and due to family member medical emergency, spent the 10 days assisting after his release from ICU. Now that things are improving (such as they can), I was able to get back on the bike to commute to work and back today. What a great way to release some tension.

Tried out a new lighting setup- I bought a Dinotte 300R tail light (wow, self contained and BRIGHT!) and put my old Stella 150 on the helmet to augment my Magicshine headlight on the bar. So now I have two bright tail lights, both rechargeable, and two rechargeable headlights + a glowlight that wraps around the frame.

It was cold (for Los Angeles county, that is). In the 40s when I left the house. It had rained most of last week and it is rather damp feeling outside, and a bit windy so gave me a chill. Even though I wore a ski mask, my face was red when I got to work. I don't know how you women ride when it is in the 20s and there is snow on the ground, or in the rain. I don't get paid enough at work to endure riding through that to get there!

Be safe out there - it's probably mighty dark one way or the other, be sure you can be seen! Have a safe commuting New Year!
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Quote Originally Posted by tzvia View Post
    Had off X-Mas eve through New Years weekend, and due to family member medical emergency, spent the 10 days assisting after his release from ICU. Now that things are improving (such as they can), I was able to get back on the bike to commute to work and back today. What a great way to release some tension.

Tried out a new lighting setup- I bought a Dinotte 300R tail light (wow, self contained and BRIGHT!) and put my old Stella 150 on the helmet to augment my Magicshine headlight on the bar. So now I have two bright tail lights, both rechargeable, and two rechargeable headlights + a glowlight that wraps around the frame.

It was cold (for Los Angeles county, that is). In the 40s when I left the house. It had rained most of last week and it is rather damp feeling outside, and a bit windy so gave me a chill. Even though I wore a ski mask, my face was red when I got to work. I don't know how you women ride when it is in the 20s and there is snow on the ground, or in the rain. I don't get paid enough at work to endure riding through that to get there!

Be safe out there - it's probably mighty dark one way or the other, be sure you can be seen! Have a safe commuting New Year!
    I moved my Minewt light from my helmet to my bars today, so I guess light redecorating is in the air (I'm also planning on getting a new commuter helmet that has lights built in when it comes out in the Spring). As for riding in the cold, I'm convinced it's my Slavic heritage. Hardy peasant stock! I just don't get cold until it's below 20.

Today's commute was fantastic. I was up, on the road and at work an hour early.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

My cycle computer said it was 39F all the way to work this morning. At least, it was more of a dry cold than yesterday, and I did not wear the ski mask. Face was red when I got to work, so I made myself a hot red tea that I just held on to for a bit before drinking.

I hope tomorrow is warmer.
    Tzvia- rollin' slow...
    Specialized Ruby Expert/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Specialized SWorks Safire/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Giant Anthem-W XT-XTR/mens Bontrager Inform RXL
    Fuji Newest 3 commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL
    Novara E.T.A commuter/mens Bontrager Inform RL

Still quite cold! 1° this morning, 4° this evening. Still no new light.

I did see one lone runner on my way home tonight. I was glad to see other bike tire tracks in the new snow this morning. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Deb

Quote Originally Posted by blackhillsbiker View Post
    Still quite cold! 1° this morning, 4° this evening. Still no new light.

I did see one lone runner on my way home tonight. I was glad to see other bike tire tracks in the new snow this morning. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

Deb
    Burrrrr!

It was in the low 20s here with a single digit wind chill factor. The woman I work for was surprised I rode. I wonder how surprised, though, since she didn't plow the driveway, and I never would have been able to drive down it in my car. I had to stay on roads, which is a hillier route than the bike path, which was also not plowed. The last 4 miles or so was into a brisk headwind, similar conditions to last week, when I got so sore riding to work. I guess I'm adapting to the new bike, because I didn't get sore at all this time.

On this new bike, I've totally overcome my apprehension of riding in the dark (and on ice). It's been so freeing! I highly recommend the Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded tires. They've made so many days that would have been driving days cycling days. They also have reflective sidewalls, which makes me feel that much more visible at night. Two thumbs up!
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

It was so quiet this morning. The calm before the storm? I know I'm taking my chances riding the bike in since we're supposed to possibly get 2-4 inches of snow - starting this afternoon. But the ride in was so peaceful and quiet so it's worth it. I am scheduled to leave at 2:30 so maybe I'll beat the first flake.
    Specialized Amira Expert WSD, Ruby Expert
    Trek Madone 5.2 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 2 WSD
    Trek Madone 4.5 WSD, Bontrager Affinity 1 WSD

I commuted by foot today and yesterday! Yesterday would have been ok by bike, but with all the storm warnings I didn't want to chance it on coming home. Today was a fun walk.

I like the quote from this article: "Life is too short to bicycle only nine months of the year, and it’s definitely too short to spend time scraping ice off a windshield."
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

So far this week, we have had cold but clear weather. So, I am continuing to bike to work. Today, the prediction is for possible snow/freezing rain/rain and gusty east winds (these are the cold ones for us). Will have to see how I feel heading east toward home this afternoon into those 20mph headwinds.

So far, have bike commuted 100% for the year

The -12° this morning made the +13° this evening feel almost delightful. Seriously, I love winter riding (I had to keep telling myself that this morning when my gears wouldn't work). It's supposed to be almost 40° tomorrow!

Deb

What started out as an ordinary rainy commute (with son to school, then me to work) turned into a flat adventure. I wrote it up here, http://portlandiapedaler.blogspot.co...-it-pours.html.

Other than that, have to figure out why my knees got soaked through my rain pants (Showers Pass). Looked pretty funny at work for about an hour or so.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhillsbiker View Post
    The -12° this morning made the +13° this evening feel almost delightful. Seriously, I love winter riding (I had to keep telling myself that this morning when my gears wouldn't work). It's supposed to be almost 40° tomorrow!
    Sorry, Pfunk12. In my eyes, you have lost your lead as the baddest of the bad-a$$ bike commuters out there!

Holy cow. I'm a native New Englander and I still cringe at the thought of -12! The thought of bike commuting in it? No friggin' way.
    (of course...I've gone skiing in it!)
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle