Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Lentil Tacos

Lentil Tacos

To disable ads, please log-in.

I can't take credit for this recipe (I got it from here: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...0860-0,00.html) but I was able to serve them to my always hesitant, sometimes refusing to eat meatless meals husband. He guessed that there was no beef in them, but since he's been eating chili with mostly beans and a little meat (coming from a background of not eating beans AT ALL), this wasn't too far of a stretch. I did use chicken stock because that's what I had on-hand. Veggie stock will be used next time, and he did think it was a bit too sweet. I didn't tell him there were raisins involved or else he would have stopped eating right there. So, I'll leave them out next time.

I served them with whole grain corn tortillas (but noticed there was partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredients after I got home). I made lettuce cups with boston butter lettuce, all the toppings and crumpled a bit of the tortilla in each cup. They were SOOOO good! The recipe makes a lot, too, so you'll probably have leftovers. Will be great as just a salad-topper this week.

Super-cheap and very easy meal!

This is one of my family's favorite meals. We eat it almost once a week! Very good.