Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm in, I'll set my goal weight when I weigh in on Friday. I'm going to go look at livestrong.com for calorie counting, I'm hoping that if I keep better records I'll get better results.

I'm in too! Since Aunt Flo rolled in last night, I will post my weight and goals on Friday when the water weight will have flushed out of me
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

I'm In!

Goal: 140 lbs
    Current Weight: 147.5 lbs
    I have to be at 140 lbs by Aug. 23 or (SIGH) I will be on insulin. My (mostly wonderful) doc says that I "have to show real progress for me to believe you when you say 'I am not a diabetic', otherwise, you are in denial."

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    Keep 'em coming folks. No problem, I enjoy helping out and since my job=at a computer all the time, it is a nice little break from my day to go in and update.

So on another thread someone recommended livestrong.com and thedailyplate. I signed up and today was the first day I tracked everything. I really like it. I'm seeing things in black and white there that I guess I knew, but I'm still shocked by. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make some changes since I really don't like seeing bad things in black and white like that. Though I was back at the Dr today over this asthma cough that is hanging on going on 7 weeks now. Oh it makes me tired and lazy and miserable. Today I'm in full on whine mode.
    I live on musinex and cough the first 4-5 miles until it kicks in and my inhailer opens things up. It makes it hard sometimes but you just have to keep it moving!!!
    tina

I have not done this for a LONG time since the past few times I really did not make any progress. But since I am sitting here and my work slacks are a bit snug I need to really concentrate. And I are really concentrating on getting back on a real training plan. So now is the good time.
    I'll weigh in later and set official goal. Right now I suspect I want to lose 5 lbs in 8 weeks (it is an 8 week block, right?)
    Also, will I post my own weight now...or we submit here and someone else keeps chart up? I think things may have changed since I last did this.
    I CAN DO THIS!
    katluvr

For any new folks, or returnees (I hear ya on the snug pants!)

Post in this thread and I'll take the numbers and put them in the spreadsheet. I will post a link here to the spreadsheet on googledocs.com and everyone will be able to go in and read it (hopefully )

I have it set for 8 weeks with the dates set for Friday. But don't worry if you are on a schedule where you weigh in on Saturday or Sunday or whatever. I tend to like Monday because I seem to do better over the weekends and that gives me a little more time to lose a bit.

So let me know your goal for the 8 weeks and this weekend weigh in for the first week. I'll put that info all into the spreadsheet. And don't worry if you are late to post - heck, sometimes I'm late to check! And if you'd rather not have a goal, that's OK. Basically - this is to help you, so whatever works best for you, is OK by me.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Possegal rulz !!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Thanks Possegal!
    I'll (gulp) step on the scale!
    katluvr

Belly-Off

I'm starting the Belly-Off program from Women's Health Mag today. Anyone else tried it or is doing it?

\http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weigh...belly-off-club
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

I also posted on the other May/June forum. 130 now, 125=goal.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement from all comers. I have been able to lose 4 much needed pounds already....I hear ya, too, ...tight pants!

Thanks to posse for keeping us all on the track! Good work!

Just joined last night....

Picking up my Trek FX 7.3 tomorrow. Really would like to join the challenge if I can. I will be riding in to work (seven miles, one way) next week, and it should help burn some calories off.

glad to have found this site-

Ann Arbor aka: "Angel"

Oh, I should add that I would like to lose 20lbs by the end of August.
    Last edited by annarbor; 07-08-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: additional info

I weighed today...since I haven't for awhile and I worry I will forget on Friday. So if there is no update start with this:

124.2 (yep, I thought I was up to 125---amazing how ya just know)

Goal is still to lose about 5 pounds. So UNDER 120. I'll take 119.anything!
    Wait let me push it...I really want to see 118....can I do it?
    katluvr

Hi Possegal!

Can I get in? I was 158lbs this morning and I am hoping to be close to 149lbs at the end (I know, that is probably not attainable). I'll weight myself on Friday again.

thank you,

Martina
    Czech Chicks Rule !

Ok, I wasn't going to join in this time, but I just realized that this challenge ends the day my parents arrive for their visit. I had already mentally calculated that I wanted to be down 10 lbs by then, so I think I'm going to go ahead and join.

I'll weigh in tomorrow and post both that weight and my goal then.

And if anyone is paying attention, I am still following the principles of 'Normal Eating'. I'm working on making better choices (easier to do now that our garden is exploding) and I'm also about to outline a new workout plan. My goal is to get back into shape - weight loss will just be a pleasant side effect.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Count me in for another stint. Weight 10/07/09 is 154.2 lb goal is still 145. Thanks for doing this again possegal. Good luck to all.