Hi all, I have been experiencing increased seasonal allergies for the past four years or so. I guess allergies get worse in one's 30s? Anyhoo... I finally went to an allergist and had a skin scratch test. Also, I went to my regular physician and have been diagnosed with my fourth sinus infection in six months! The reason I finally went to see both docs was a week long headache that just wouldn't go away.

Results: I'm allergic to just about every grass, weed and tree that grows. I am not allergic to my dogs (hallelujah!), am slightly allergic to my horse. Not allergic to any molds but one (can't remember which), slightly allergic to corn and soybeans. The grass/weed/tree allergies were huge. The weels (bumps) were about 40mm and the redness was 50+ (I guess the top of the redness scale).

My questions: I am on antibiotics, currently on a huge dose of pred to get over the inflammation to try to kick this headache, they want me on allergy meds year round (singulair and allegra), an inhaler as needed, and ... they suggest allergy shots. I haven't checked with my insurance co yet, but this seems like a HUGE committment! Two shots per week for a few months then taper but shots for 3-5 years (?) - does anyone have any suggestions here for alternate treatments (not so into woo woo magic, but maybe accupuncture?) - does anyone have any allergy shot insights? Other ideas for managing my misery?

Thanks!