Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Secret Sister Thanks!

To disable ads, please log-in.

(With apologies to Edward Bulwer-Lytton)

It was a dark and stormy afternoon... battling a blinding headache as I sat at my computer generating end-of-year reports for my homeschooled daughters... the rain fell in torrents -- except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets... in a rather snarly mood since I've been sick for the past week and a half, and have only been out on the bike once... rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness... how depressing can this day possibly be??

And then... a sodden DH arrives with the mail...

What's this?! A package?!! For me?!!!

Birds sang! A rainbow appeared! Flowers burst into bloom!

My Secret Sister rode to the rescue with the most incredibly wonderful assortment of goodies -- an angel on two wheels! Socks -- I love socks! Chocolate -- I love chocolate! Flower seeds, postcards, gels, reusable shopping bag -- I love it all!!! Even the Henry VIII stamp on the package. Unfortunately, my girls don't seem to appreciate fine music and my rather robust attempts at, "I'm Henery the Eighth, I am! Henery the Eighth I am, I am!"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

Thumbs up

Phew HoosierGiant, in your case I totally agree "The pen is mightier than the sword".

I too received my SS parcel today, a lovely Polar Bottle and the best thing is that it's orange, so matches my super duper Orange Clockwork bike.

Great re-usuable bag, stylish, especially with the logo on the side for WAVE (Women Against Violence Everywhere).

Both items are super, many thanks.

Clock
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Just engaged in a bit of naughtyness with the package that arrived today from my SS. All I can say is...those cookies are GONE! (Boy were they good!) What a wonderful assortment of goodies! I really needed a new bottle and the tire fixin' fixin's always come in handy. I love the sticker that says, "I bike because I'm awesome".
    Thanks Secret Sis!

I too received my package and it is without a doubt the coolest thing EVER! I'll take a pic when I can. Suffice it to say, the bar has been set a bit higher for me. Time to think more about my package before sending it.

Thank you thank you thank you.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange View Post
    I too received my SS parcel today, a lovely Polar Bottle and the best thing is that it's orange, so matches my super duper Orange Clockwork bike.
    What is the orange clockwork bike??? Pictures please???
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

I'm so pleased that everyone is receiving their SS exchanges! I just love reading all the TY notes
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

I already PMed my SS to say thanks, but I'll post it here too, just to make sure she sees it!

Thank you for the delicious chocolates and for some different gels that we can't get on this side of the ocean. I tore into the first chocolate bar last night after trying very hard for several days to be good. Yum!

Now, to get off my duff and mail my SS's package to her!

Wait. Was I supposed to tell my ss who I was? I sent mine incogneet-o.
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    I did too! I don't think it's a written rule you have to tell your SS who you are. I sent a little hint about who I was-something pertaining to my location.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    So did I.

I came home last night to waht I thought was something I forgot that I bought off ebay or the like to find a box fiiled with all likds of goodies including Sharkies, a realy yummy lip balm, and the most awesome little light! The sender mentioned putting a similar one on her helmet, but my fiance's idea was to put it on the back of my really poufy wedding dress; the verdict is still out...Regardless, thank you SS for being awesome, and sending things that brightened my day!!!
    Be yourself, to the extreme!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Wow, thanks, Becky!!
    Got my SS package in the mail today. A very FURRY saddle bag (might look stylin' on my mtb!), loaded with lots of goodies - for my tummy and for me. Only downer....I just had some dental work....and I can't eat anything chewy for 2 weeks...so the Luna moons will have to wait. Dang.
    Thanks again!

Thanks for a wonderful SS package Hoosier Giant. I loved all the yummy goodies. Makes me want to get out and ride so I have an excuse to eat them.

The lip balms went right into my bike bag already because I'm so good at forgetting them at home otherwise. The plate will go on my single speed (my speedy commuter bike). Loved the socks - who doesn't love socks? A running friend and I have been talking about doing a marathon in Indiana so the map will certainly come in handy - we are both very directionally challenged.

Almost every summer I talk about doing RAIN but something else always comes up. I think one of these years I'm just going to have to do it.

Thanks Again !!!!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    What if we don't get ours? Should we let you know ASammy and you'll send them a reminder? Just wondering.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    What if we don't get ours? Should we let you know ASammy and you'll send them a reminder? Just wondering.
    I sent reminders today to those who hadn't let me know their package went out.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200