Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Not exercising. Eating garbage...what do I expect? I can't even find time to ride! I promised myself a ride today and it is raining. I get a lil nervous riding in the rain on my skinny tires!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I did another century this weekend, and then two shorter rides, but I'm afraid to weigh myself. Feeling down and don't want to add to it. So, how about if I just judge on if I can zip up the dress I'm trying to get into by July? Two weeks ago, it wouldn't zip.
    I agree with Reesha - go with how you FEEL in your clothing.

I'm only 4 pounds lighter now than I was 6 weeks ago. BUT, I've lost an inch off my hips, 1/2 inch off my waist and 1/2 inch off my bust in those 6 weeks. All that exercising YOU'RE doing is making you fitter and stronger too, and building more muscle. If the scale never budges, but your body changes shape as a result of all that fitness, you should celebrate it! So yes, using the "zipper method" of determining progress towards a goal is just as valid (perhaps more so!) than using a number goal.

Keep your chin up. You're a mileage rock star!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I've decided to not try to record for WW this weekend, since I'll be out of the house for 3 solid days. Besides no home cooking, I'll also not have access to my computer and I don't feel like keeping track of it all on paper while I'm riding. I'll instead use all of the strategies I've learned over the past 6 months to eat sensibly, listen to my body and trust myself to make good choices all weekend.
    I thought I'd take a minute and report in on how I did with this goal.

I think I'd give myself a B-.

Today is my WW weigh day, and the scale tells me I'm exactly the same weight as last week. So that pulled up the grade.

Pulling *down* the grade is how I feel I handled myself at the food stops on the ride. I didn't make *terrible* choices, but I also think I could have made better ones. For example, at the "Western" themed food stop - I should have stopped at one s'more, but they were so yummy that I had two! At the "OSU Tailgate Party" themed food stop, I made mostly good choices: a baked potato, half of a grilled burger (gave Jeff the other half), some fruit... But then they also had 5 different kinds of cookies to choose from. I couldn't decide, so..... I'm unhappy to report that all 5 flavors were fantastically delicious, especially the peanut butter cookie.

Clearly, 225 miles and ~15,000 feet of climbing burned off the excesses, but I still wish I could have exercised a little more self control. You know - two cookies instead of five!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

I think you are being too hard on yourself. You didn't gain any weight, you made good or okay choices most of the time and now that you are back home you will continue to make good choices. Imho I think that is what we are all trying to do. If I had made good or okay choices most of the time I wouldn't be 184 lbs but I made more bad choices thus the need for me to diet now. My goal is to be able to eat whatever I want sometimes and eat healthy most of the time and sometimes I am just gonna wanna eat 5 different cookies. Life and food would be pretty boring without good and bad choices.

My goal is to be able to eat whatever I want sometimes and eat healthy most of the time and sometimes I am just gonna wanna eat 5 different cookies. Life and food would be pretty boring without good and bad choices.
    Well said! That is probably why I won't ever be a size 6 again, but life is short, and there ARE good cookies out there! This is why I exercise... ok, it's only ONE of the reasons, but it's a big one!

You all are doing GREAT! Weight loss or not, we are all working to make our health more positive -- that's what matters! Keep it up everyone! Oh, and PEDAL WENCH: if you want, I can sneak in and loosen that dress a little -- then you can zip it up and feel FANTASTIC!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post

Keep your chin up. You're a mileage rock star!

Susan
    Coming from someone as successful as you've been, this is just making me smile. Thank you. It's frustrating and that's why I don't own a scale. I've done a century every weekend this month, so I'm the poster child for balancing calories in and calories out.

Thanks!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    PEDAL WENCH: if you want, I can sneak in and loosen that dress a little -- then you can zip it up and feel FANTASTIC!
    I thought of that! I bought it for my brother's wedding last year. Couldn't zip it then either and got into it in time. So, I know I can do it. But, if not, maybe just a little bit around the bust...

I learned that there's a huge difference between junior and real-woman sizes. This dress is 4 sizes bigger than my jeans - I don't get it. Apparently, juniors don't have ribs. Or are they like baby's heads - they're still soft and squishy.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

I have to stop weighing myself every day! It's making me crazy when it doesn't budge. I usually blame the fact that I haven't relieved myself of dinner the night before when I step on the scale in the morning

Today will be a very disciplined day. 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg for breakfast with a splash of Bragg's liquid aminos for taste! I'm not sure what lunch is going to look like... it's end of the year workshops at school and I think the cafeterias are closed!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

I had a rough week this week. I was hungry but couldn't figure out what my body wanted so I ate more than usual. I noticed my HR was up so I figured that I was starting to overtrain and that's why I was eating my way out of the house.

Next week is another week.

219 this week. Not what I hoped for, but still progress...

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

157 this week. Also not what I'd hoped, but that's what I get for overtraining with the weights and waddling around the rest of the week! Next week will be better!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Down 2 pounds - 147!

I ordered some stuff from Eddie Bauer last week and got it yesterday. It doesn't fit. Size 8s are too big. Women's sizing drives me crazy. I am not a freakin' size 6. But I'm going to reorder in a 6, because the the proportions seemed like they would be right.

Monday is measurement day with my trainer. It's her calipers that I really care about. I'm hoping that not only have I lost some fat, but that I've also gained more muscle.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Back up to 142 - very bad eating week - will try (again!) to do better next week

Down again a little bit! I am amazed....I guess last week I really didn't eat enough and thats why I gained because this week I ate more and lost....

I will never get this!!! lol

Down three pounds so far this challenge.

Tina