Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

ADA Tour de Cure, June 7 in NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,

This year will be my 4th consecutive time doing the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. I've gone from the 25 miler in 2006 to the 50 miler in 2007 to the metric century on 2008. I'll be doing the metric again this year but the venue has changed and it's a more challenging route. Anyway, I could use your support.

Thanks, Nicole
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Nicole,
    Are you doing the one in Saratoga? I'm registered to do the Metric for that ride as well and looking for support/buddy riders, and am anxious about the route!

Yes, Saratoga Springs. The route looks hillier than last year in Stillwater.

The metric and the 50 have the first 35 miles in common so I figure I have that lost to really see how I'm feeling and decide how far I want to go.

I've generally done these rides solo (don't know anyone!) but maybe we can meet up before it starts and head out together and see if we can stick together.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Sounds good. I've also paired up with another local rider who is new to the area, we've been doing some training rides together. We seem to ride at the same pace but even if not, it's nice to have someone to check in with at rest stops!
    I've done some of the other organized rides in the saratoga area and they can get pretty hilly- so it's certainly one I want a buddy with.