Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by momof4greatkids View Post
    I have trouble clipping in and then my foot slips off. W/the mtn bike shoe I could just sit on top of the pedals if without clipping in, and my foot would stay put. W/these, I can't do that.
    Which is why I wear mtb shoes. I had a pair of road shoes with Speedplays and when I had come to a stop, I put my foot down and did a Chinese split. Nope, not pretty.

I have Specialized mtb pro carbon soled shoes that rival the stiffness of a road shoe. And unlike road shoes, I can hike in them should I have a mechanical failure out in the boondocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post

Back to the original question..... Why did you switch in the first place? As you can see from Trisk and I's discussion I ride Genius and have very narrow feet so I love the fit of Sidi. The Genius fit like a glove but I love the walkability of mountain shoes and have thought of trading. She rides Dominators and says they feel very comparable to the Genius. Do you only hate the clipping in? For me the tough call is I love my pedals- once I am in them and riding.

The reason I switched is because I needed new shoes because my old ones were looking beat. I wanted to be able to take advantage of the stiffer sole of a road shoe. I didn't anticipate any problem transitioning from MTB shoes. I still have my keens, but I live in Ohio, and they are not all-season.

Well, here's what I did....I ordered a pair of dominator's... Dang this is an expensive hobby

Colleen

I know, the reason I don't have doms yet! Once you are sold on the Doms try to sell the Genius to recoup some of the loss. Good luck!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Well, here's what I did....I ordered a pair of dominator's... Dang this is an expensive hobby
    Think of it as an investment in your health. When you get your new shoooooz, I wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Think of it as an investment in your health.
    I like the way you think!

Colleen

Has anybody else noticed TE has really good prices on the Dominators? I have been looking (but have not purchased yet), and they seem about $30 cheaper than most places.

*whine* I'm giving my beloved ruby slippers more of a chance this summer. However, I 'spect I need a larger size after the black toenails from last September's MS ride... Why, oh why, can't they make red again???
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I did buy my Dominators on TE. There was also a sale of some sort at the time which made them even cheaper.

I would have loved the Ruby slippers but the Sapphire ones are also nice.

Another Dominator wearer here. The name just makes me giggle a little bit.

Do I look submissive in these shoes?

The reason I switched is because I needed new shoes because my old ones were looking beat. I wanted to be able to take advantage of the stiffer sole of a road shoe. I didn't anticipate any problem transitioning from MTB shoes. I still have my keens, but I live in Ohio, and they are not all-season.

Colleen
    what size are those genius?
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    what size are those genius?

they are 39.5 and they are red....very lovely in fact

Hey Chicago....I know you from bike forum

I ordered my dom's Tues morning, and I just got word they shipped today....2 1/2 days to ship out a pair of shoes? I was hoping to have them by the weekend...

If I had ordered from TE (They didn't have my size, I got '08's) they would be here already

they are 39.5 and they are red....very lovely in fact

Hey Chicago....I know you from bike forum

I ordered my dom's Tues morning, and I just got word they shipped today....2 1/2 days to ship out a pair of shoes? I was hoping to have them by the weekend...

If I had ordered from TE (They didn't have my size, I got '08's) they would be here already
    darn... 40 here I would have bought them from you.

Yep... I am from bikeforums as well... I recognized you too. I should make it simpler and keep the same forum name globally, LOL!!

I just got my Sidi Zeta shoes and their pretty nice. Now that I see them in white...I'm wondering if I should have gone with a color... not sure if I'll keep them... but they do fit good.

Good luck with your dom's...
    if you don't like sewing, you haven't found the right fabric

Dominator update...Love these shoes. Had a simple interval trainer workout with them this evening. easy to clip in and out, I really like them a lot.

I guess I am a dominator, not a genius ( I should have known that all along lol)

Colleen